• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taking the fun away from your Bun

Pie

Warren Veteran
Do you ever feel bad for taking away the "fun" for your bun?

By saying this I mean constantly telling them 'No' and/or putting them away when they are 'naughty',

I'm feeling so bad at the moment because I've just moved in with my OH so Pie has gone from a whole flat to run around in, to just a bedroom (not ideal but it's only temporary). But she is already learned how to escaping from her pen, gone through 6 of OH's computer & x box cables, weeing all over the bed (she also does this at night with us in it too!) and getting under the bed to chew on my very expensive Nikon bag - among other things under there....Sorry Im ranting now, the thing is I feel I am constantly saying 'No' to her. I hate it. And now it's like she has no fun. Because we all know a mischievous bunny, is a happy bunny! :roll:

Please tell me if I'm being silly or if this feeling is also shared by others!?
Thankyou! :wave:

I feel awful telling Bix off at all. It makes me feel like the devil. She loves ripping my curtains apart, and I feel guilty stopping her - how ridiculous is that?!

Is there any way you can concentrate on just one thing at a time to focus her mind and so you are not saying 'no' all the time?

We have had 3 phones in the last 6 months courtesy of Biscuit. We have now sufficiently covered all of our wires! That was a learning curve!

We say no for their own safety and well being, so even if it stops their fun, its still better for them.

Mine know exactly what 'no' means, and do those things deliberately, often checking to see if they will get the 'no' or get something else.

I never feel mean telling mine off! :lol: Mostly because it's usually Barney or Amber misbehaving... And if I tell Barney off, he looks amused, waits a moment, and continues. It's like dealing with a toddler - I have to repeatedly tell him 'no' and move stuff, or else he thinks I'll forget he's there being naughty after five seconds. As for Amber... if I tell her off, she flicks her fuzzy mane at me, turns around and throws a strop. She'll stamp and find anything and everything to throw about like some sulky kid. Besides, anywhere I put them they'll find some new way of entertaining themselves, or some new toy to play with (whether it's meant to be a toy or not!)... Sometimes I really think they do these things to keep ME busy and entertained. It's not bunny enrichment, but human enrichment!

I never feel mean telling mine off! :lol: Mostly because it's usually Barney or Amber misbehaving... And if I tell Barney off, he looks amused, waits a moment, and continues. It's like dealing with a toddler - I have to repeatedly tell him 'no' and move stuff, or else he thinks I'll forget he's there being naughty after five seconds.

Pie knows what 'No' means too, and she does exactly what your Barney does!
I've told her off afew times and she's then gone and binkied round the room! :shock: I mean, does she have no shame!? :lol:

I mainly tell her off for going on the bed and beneath the bed, hubby has pretty much rabbit proofed everything else!

Its mostly Lola I tell off - to be honest I dont feel bad cos she gives me such EVIL looks after!

Oh, good! :lol: Barney starts binkying too when I tell him off! He looks delighted. As if all attention is good attention, whether it's a telling off or not - at least I'm looking at him! He does his BEST binkying when told off. :shock: Nice to know he's not alone in his attitude problem!

I don't help at all. :oops: I always collapse into giggles when he does this, which makes him get even more giddy and probably keeps him doing it!

Unfortunately, I am the disciplinarian in our household. She responds to me but not to my OH. My 'no' means NO!

She seems to love me for it though, it's like kids, boundaries needed and respect needed! Still feel guilty though :oops:

My 'no' means NO!

I wish my 'no' meant 'no' to Daisy - she seems to take it as 'stop for a moment and then carry on' :roll: :lol:

I feel mean when I have to confiscate their cardboard boxes at night. I can't sleep if they're both scratching and ripping them up, but I get such upset bunny looks that it makes me feel like an evil mummy :oops:

when i tell Inarra (and it is ALWAYS Inarra) off she BINKIES away from me or run sideways doing half binkies befoe returning to whatever i have just told her off for:shock:

we call her 'narra monster.

I feel like that too, and it is worse as i have three children that also make me feel like i am just here to remove their fun in life.
We want to be there play mates not their parents hey lol
Octavia likes to chew the bottom of my arm chairs and sofa and i get embarrassed when people notice as i am sure they are thinking "look what you have let those rabbits do" I say no and push their nose to the ground like i am mummy bunny which must look really silly lol

karen

Back