• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dog crates

beki

Mama Doe
do many of you use dog crates and what size do you have? i feel guilty leaving ruby out in the cold, especially as she is very silly and althogh the bed area of the hutch is full of hay she won't use it! can't leave her indoors free range all day as she keeps trying to eat paint off the walls and the kitties might chase her (or she will most likely chase and harrass the kitties) so was thinking of crates if i can convince boyfriend that she be allowed in for the winter. help would be great. thanks :)

aww Jimby is so cute! i have thought about nic cubes but i have an escape artist bunny and two cats and i think mainly for the cats protection (lol) i would need something very secure for ruby! non of my doors in my house actually shut properly so i can't shut the cats out and the bunnies in. Are nic cube set ups secure?

At least a 48" one preferably bigger if you can find one/have the space. It's also a good idea to attach a pen to the front if you can't let her be free range in a room 24:7 :wave:

Last edited:
I have a 48" dog crate that Snowdrop uses but it is always open and is just a place for her hay and litter tray and she free ranges in my room.

48" is only 4ft so not suitable for bunnies to be locked in.

48 inches sounds so big until you say it is 4 foot! i am not sure whether she is better off out in her hutch or not. If she did come indoors she could come out to play in the house when i am back anyway.

i am making her a hutch cover this weekend so i will see how i feel about her out in all weathers when her hutch is a bit more snuggly looking.

Back