• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gubbins the Guinea

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Say Hi to Gubbins

Gubbins.jpg

He has come in today and has been kept in a small and dark hutch..his nails are overgrown and he has a very bad case of mites
Mites are something we have been seeing more of and have been a real problem lately:(

I know what you mean about mites I've had to do all GP's as George and Kale got a bit flaky and itchy at different times.

Lovely boy btw :love:

one cute pig :love:
wonder why we are having so many mite prbs this yr

Don't know..my vet said could be down to our extended wet and warm weather..but now its got colder and still seeing them:?
Gubbins is quite bad:(

Last edited:
Hi Gubbins :wave: You are a handsome piggie! Hope the "itches" go away soon and you find a new home to call your own.

bless him he is lovely.
We got some stuff from gorgous guineas like a powder called bug off i think it was and i put that on a couple of mine when they had mild case seem to work x
Or whats that word invercetmin drop on aswell as we use that for the rats too x

yep I've used bug off but in gubbins case he'll need Xeno..he has several bald patches that he has scratched at..and very bad dandruff all over his back
I'm waiting for a vetuk order which should have come today

He looks a bit fed up in that picture, bless him. :(

He's a very handsome piggy but you can see how out of condition he is, poor boy. Am sure he'll soon start to thrive with you though.

Sending piggy wheeks from my two piggy rogues - hope he is soon mite-free. If his skin is a bit scurfy post-treatment Gorgeous Guineas do some fantastic creams etc. Bless him. xx :love:

I've PM'd you about Gubbins Jill ;) My persistent whining paid off and the OH has given in :lol::lol:.

Back