• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

it is going to be -5 tonight!!!! do i need to put snugglesafe

amme

Warren Scout
in the hutch which is in the rabbit shed or will it be o.k without it seeing as its in a shed????
I have 2 bunnies in there.

If they are fit and healthy I wouldn't worry too much about them. Saying that I am going to change mine around when I get home. The top part of the hutch is still open, (other than a tarp to keep most of the elements out) so I am going to put the wooden door on now, and enclose it a bit.now the cold weather is here. And slip a fleece on the floor and some straw in there.

But after doing that I know exactly where they are going to be. curled up together in the exposed hay basket.

o.k thanks. i may just go and put some more hay in there incase they eat it all in the night:)

ive put extra bedding and hay in with my buns tonight, they are inside the garage so shouldnt get as cold as outside but still chilly.

I've finished putting the silver insulation over the hutch under the hutch hugger...lots of sawdust/hay etc but only to find they kick every bit out of their bed area...sawdust the lot :roll::roll:....so today I cleaned their hutch and put sawdust but only a little straw, see what happens by the morning:?

I've had rabbits outside for years with nothing but a hutch, shavings and straw (and of course food :lol: )

They've all been fine :)

Ive just been out to feed the buns... all the hutches are already frosty on the top and it isnt even late yet... going to do them all a snugglesafe :oops:

i better not let my heating go iff tonight then. last time we had a sudden drop in temp Alvin got Stasis :(

My mum bought one last week, the cheapest she found them was Amazon, £13.95 and with P&P it ended up at £16.70 :)

Ooh thanks, I'm going to order mine tomorrow.

I'm just going out to put extra straw in their bedroom, and I'll shut them in the hutch and put the cover over as usual. Don't think they're bothered by the cold much at the moment - they're both sat outside in the run chewing their toys!:D:roll:

Back