• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Garage lighting

footballgirl

Alpha Buck
Hi,

My rabbit lives in the garage, well basically owns the garage with the amount of space she has :lol:

Anyway, we keep the lights on in the garage all day, especially winter time, but there the fluorescent tube lights and with them being on all day, electricity bill isnt liking it:(. Plus i would prefer something more energy efficient.

So if anybody has any suggestion of lighting would greatly appreciate it :)

Thanks.

LEDs are probably cheapest electricity wise or normal energy saving bulbs. Any chance of fitting a window?

LEDs are probably cheapest electricity wise or normal energy saving bulbs. Any chance of fitting a window?

Sadly no. Garage is attached to our kitchen one side and my neighbours living room on the other side. On the back of the garage we have a laundry room with window, so its ok in the summer months because the sun hits that window and brightens up the garage. Just winter time, its so dark:(

My dad was thinking Spotlights with LED bulbs in.

Thanks

LED spots sound a good idea :) Rabbits are most active in twilight so you don't need to mimic full summer blazing sunlight, they'd probably like it more subdued.

I think flourescent lights are actually the most energy efficient, but if you have one of the larger ones you could probably get a smaller one. The large ones can use up to 70W. You could put a standard bayonet fitting up and use a normal energy saving lightbulb of about 8W or 12W. If you're leaving it on all day I'm afraid solar lighting wouldn't work, they're only good for a few hours max.

Back