• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What veg do you feed on a daily basis...

peediepixie

Mama Doe
I have recently become aware of the issues of too much calcium in some veg. Which veg is good/safe to feed on a daily basis without risk of giving too much calcium, whilst at the same time making sure they get enough?! :)

I feed savoy cabbage, spring greens, cauli leaves and green cabbage almost every day. I think alternate days of herbs, celery, rocket, watercress, carrot tops. They then get spinach, curly kale, broccoli once/twice a week :)

Spring greens, baby corn, sugar snap peas, dill, coriander, parsley, mint and Basil. The odd brussel sprout here and there, but only Brian seems to like them! :lol:

i actually only feed veg 3/4 times a week not everyday, sunday is the favourite day they all know they get extra veg with the peelings to:lol:

I feed the same 4 veg every day:

Cabbage or spring greens, lettuce, celery and carrots

I think it's a good mix and has worked for me for years.

I give mine a mixture of 3/4 veg a day....but usually spring greens is always there with either, basil, mint, corriander...I also give celery leaves, fenugreek leaves, parsley, dill, cauli leaves, thyme...I use to give them carrot greens a lot but read they're high in calcium so now I miss a few wk then give them....same with kale and spinach

Mine always have spring greens daily, on the odd occasion I can't get it they normally have savoy cabbage instead. I always give them a little sweet treat each day either carrot, apple, pear whatever I have or needs eating. They also get basil or parsley occasionally, and they love cauliflower leaves, although we don't have cauliflower as much as they'd like.

Parsley, mint and basil daily, a brussell sprout almost every day, sometimes in place of the sprout he will have a small amount of carrot (about once or twice a week) or a florit of broccoli (every 2-3 weeks), spring greens occasionally, carrot tops as a treat.
Fruit is only given as a REAL treat, sometimes he will have a small amount of pear or apple.

Mine don't get anything regularly. Today they had swede, carrot, parsnip, and butternut squash (we had chicken stew). Yesterday I think they just got apple peel/core, and the day before that was sweet corn middles and carrot I think. Just whatever we eat.

I feed Oz carrots, lettuce, parsley on a daily basis and apple for a treat. And i feed celery occasionally but he doesnt like it so much.

Corriander, parsley, mint, watercress, rocket, spinach, 1 chunk of carrot and 2 blueberries :D

Back