• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stolen Hay - why?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Why do my buns prefer to steal hay rather than eat the stuff in their hay tray?

They are currently inside the hay bag and the front room is a mess - I left the bag out whilst I tidied up.

Is it a case of the forbidden fruit?

Little tinkers! :D:D

My buns says the BEST hay is the stuff in the bin bag, that has just been tipped out of somebunny else's litter tray :roll:

My buns says the BEST hay is the stuff in the bin bag, that has just been tipped out of somebunny else's litter tray :roll:

Yup - they love that stuff too! The pee stained stuff thats just cone out of the litter tray that they have been turning thewir nose up at suddently turns into haute cuisine!!:lol::lol:

Yup - they love that stuff too! The pee stained stuff thats just cone out of the litter tray that they have been turning thewir nose up at suddently turns into haute cuisine!!:lol::lol:

Haha. Now I try most of the things my bunnies eat but I do draw the line there :lol:

Biscuit will only eat grass that has been hand-picked and presented to her in the house - snob!

She won't eat it when she is in the garden, oh no. She can't possibly pick it herself from the ground - who do you think she is :roll::lol:

It's the first rule in the 'handbook of being a rabbit':

All the best stuff is stuff you shouldn't have, or places you shouldn't be.

This rule applies to anything, especially food, and especially destruction.

:mrgreen::mrgreen: Alfie and Bubbles are like that too - they hop into the litter tray from the previous day that I haven't got round to emptying and eat like there's no tomorrow. I've always been scared to mention it in case they were just a pair of mingers :oops: but it sounds like a bun thing. :lol::lol:

:mrgreen::mrgreen: Alfie and Bubbles are like that too - they hop into the litter tray from the previous day that I haven't got round to emptying and eat like there's no tomorrow. I've always been scared to mention it in case they were just a pair of mingers :oops: but it sounds like a bun thing. :lol::lol:

Ha ha! That made me laugh out loud at my desk! I am always embarrassed when people come round and see Bix eating her poop! Funny to see their reactions though.

Andy hates it when she does that, but it doesn't bother me. I swear she knows as she gets in her litter tray, stares at Andy and tucks in, never breaking eye contact. Ha ha! Freaks him out a charm! :lol:

:lol: I know what you mean by that

Lola loves to scoff poop!

Usually a piece of poo that has been on floor all day and gone nice and crunchy - and she sits and noms it in front of me when Im eating my tea - then wants to come and lick me:shock::shock::love:

Daisy-Boo always thinks the tastiest bit of hay is the bit hanging out of pippin's mouth :lol::love:
And Squidgy is the best for making a spectacle out of eating his poo - bless him!

Mine seem to love the hay that I am sweeping up when cleaning them out, even though they are minutes away from getting some nre fresh stuff! :roll:

It's the first rule in the 'handbook of being a rabbit':

All the best stuff is stuff you shouldn't have, or places you shouldn't be.

This rule applies to anything, especially food, and especially destruction.

Exactly! :lol:

The poo stories remind me of one time when my last bunny Rayu was laying on my roommates chest and she was playing with her, the Rayu just stops, gives this cute look and proceeds to eat her poop and my roommate didn't get it till I told her "uhm you know shes feasting on her fecal matter on your chest right"?:lol:

She promptly and gently got her off her chest:D

Back