• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies who scrabble and dig at the floor

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
Anyone got any tips for curing them :roll: Kevin and Perry are driving me nuts in the early hours doing this .......they scrabble at the floor,carpet and failing that my bedclothes ....I suppose its like digging outside and therefore natural behaviour but I just wish they'd do it quietly!!:lol:

Not really got great tips, as Biscuit still loves my curtains! I put up a clothes horse with an old throw on it though, so she can rip at the throw and dig it, pulling it off the clothes horse. She loves that and it means that she only scrabbles where she is allowed! :roll:

OMG,B has done this since she was a baby.Spoke to my neighbour the other day & he admitted he has to have a whisky to knock him out as the noise drives him mad!B is worse when she has cystitis & being a big bun her digging is so much louder than Dills,not that he digs often.

OMG,B has done this since she was a baby.Spoke to my neighbour the other day & he admitted he has to have a whisky to knock him out as the noise drives him mad!B is worse when she has cystitis & being a big bun her digging is so much louder than Dills,not that he digs often.

Its the noise!
Kevin and Perry are big bunnies too and Ive never known bunnies to scrabble like them! Worse seeing as they live in my bedroom!:lol:

Luckily I live in a detached house so neighbours arent a problem!

I was going to ask the very same thing!

I recently bought a big under-bed storage box thing as a litter tray (Daisy's bum was getting too big for the other one :lol: ) and Jester has spent the last few nights digging and digging in it :roll: If it's not that it's both of them digging at and ripping up the carpet!

I'm on dangerous ground with my two though - I've given them a sprinkle of pellets a couple of times to shut them up while I've gone back to sleep, and I know they'll be making the connection between noise and pellets :oops:

EEK!! Nightmare, I feel sorry for you having to have them in the Bedroom. Shame there are no safe soft digging stuff to give them. Never mind, soon they will have eaten all your carpet and will dig on the floorboards. Oops,Ok, Ill shut up now:)

Fay does it too. The throw has been dug at and torn and nibbled at - but rather that than the sofabed itself. We gave her a big digging box with a yellow pages in it and newspaper - the yellow pages was shredded after 15 minutes. Think my head is starting to get used to the noise of it now...its in the room next door to our bedroom.

When she hasnt had the 'diggy box' she digs her litter tray up - so we get mess everywhere :? she makes me laugh though

Would a digging tray work? then you can put it somewhere as far away from you as possible and put something that is quiet to dig in it?

Like you say it's natural behaviour, you can't stop it, you just need to give them a more appropriate way to express it :)

Yeah, like Sky-O said, I would give them a storage box filled with soil or seed compost to dig in instead, with maybe a few hidden treats in the soil, and maybe an apple branch or two to chew on.
You'll need to put lino or something under it to keep the mess down, and don't be surprised of they wee in it :)

Yeah, like Sky-O said, I would give them a storage box filled with soil or seed compost to dig in instead, with maybe a few hidden treats in the soil, and maybe an apple branch or two to chew on.
You'll need to put lino or something under it to keep the mess down, and don't be surprised of they wee in it :)

My god they'd chuck it everywhere!!:shock: :lol:

ive actualy got roofing tiles in there fav dig spots that way i dont have to trim there front claws :D

Back