• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fundraising Ideas

Starlight

Warren Veteran
At this difficult time of year, we are looking to do a fundraiser, to help with our ongoing vet bills, enabling us to continue helping bunnies finding themselves without a home and to make the current rescues christmas, a happy and cosy christmas.

This is where you all come in!
To help with a successful, popular fundraiser, i want to know what fundraisers you prefer, and would enter in for/would buy from :D

I am hoping to then organise a few via the forum.

Thank you :wave:

bunny themed prizes is definatley a winner, as are bunny treat prizes.

I do wonder if it is the rescue that the money goes to, that is the enticement people need. I have organised fundraisers for a couple of rescues , but certain rescues seem to be more popular than others, in terms of people donating to them. I think it is also how much spare money is around, so people will donate to rescues who are more active on the board, than not.

Dunno, just how my mind works, I think.

Last edited:
I agree with above, bunny theme comp and prizes :D

Ones where buns pick a winner or match up prixes that you can photo or film would be awesome......

I know it takes more effort but we all love it (at least I do)

Have you see my recent thread? ;)

A competition that is actually entertaining and competitive can be great fun like the recent Christmas card comp combined both these elements.

I like quizzes with prizes and I like handmade items to buy or win.

really it is a tough question though as everyone likes something different. :oops:

I did post ages ago about wanting to help a rescue with a fundraising idea, but not one person got in touch with me. :?

So if you are interested I have an idea ready to start asap and end in 2 to 3 weeks time (any money raised for the rescue would be sent through then in time fore Christmas.) :D

I did post ages ago about wanting to help a rescue with a fundraising idea, but not one person got in touch with me. :?

So if you are interested I have an idea ready to start asap and end in 2 to 3 weeks time (any money raised for the rescue would be sent through then in time fore Christmas.) :D

That would be brilliant!
Thank you :D

RU is a fantastic source of fundraising but remember that there are only so many people on here with limited funds so it's always a good idea to try and find alternatives.

Our most successful fundraisers are open days. If you keep a record of all your adopters e-mails (obviously you have to have the data protection act thing allowing you to contact them) and also collect potential visitors when you go to other events then you can build up quite a distribution list. Other people to target are your local vets and other rescues. We're doing a fat fluff festive fundraiser (perhaps you could have a starlight startbright santa saturday!) this christmas and there will usually be things along the line of

Tea/cakes/food
Tombolla/raffel
Items to buy for rabbits, our christmas cards, calenders etc
Rabbits to see
various other activities but that will depend on how many people you can rope in to help.

Our second most sucessful was Rocky's sponsored absail down fort dunlop building. Using someone like easy fundraising you can collect funds online as well as in person and you can get many of your friends to absail with you for a minimum sponsorship target (i.e. the cost of the absail + what you think is appropriate). We had 12 people absailing for us and it raised a lot of money.

other ideas are:

(1) Pub quiz - some will let you do one for charity
(2) Shake a tin (although you will need your councils permission on the public high road or the shop owners permission in or just outside a store)
(3) Supermarket packing - Need lots of people
(4) Waitrose may set you up as one of 3 local charities for the month

Personally I have found that competitions don't raise very much and often the prizes and postage end up costing more that the total made from entries :?

Also despite selling lots of merchandise such as cards etc we have only just broken even on costs, once the postage has been deducted we have literally made a few pounds. It has been great fun to do though and it is lovely to think there are super timmy cards being sent round the country this Christmas. And if just a few people who receive them take a look at our website because of them it will be worth while :)

What has made us the most money has been the knitted stuff but thats only because my mum has bought all the wool and stuffing etc and all we have had to do is pay for postage :D

The prize bingo i did for Fife Rabbit Rescue raised £800 but it was a lot of hard work and took a lot of time, so probably not ideal in such a short time period. However, its good to remember, i picked the wrong time of year, lots of people on holiday, they usually double that figure.

I love the raffles - taking part and also looking for little prizes.:D

I cant afford much money - so the ones when its a few quid to take part? Most people can afford a few quid rather than a large amount - so maybe its best to get more people taking part with a few quid than a couple of people with a higher amount?

Back