• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

my bunny has had a stroke!

hello all ,
this morning i went out to check on my bunny and to give him his usual morning feed and cuddle and i found him on his back , very wet and unable to move . i called our local pdsa emergency line and explained his condition while my husband use the hair dryer to warm him up. they asked me to bring him down asap which we did .
after many hours the vet called me at home and explained that suggs (our bunny) had had a stroke and could not move one side of his body. the next 24 hours are crucial and will know more in the morning. does have anyone no of any positive storys or have any advice for me . :(:( . . i hope he pulls through x x x x

Oh no, I am so sorry. I am unable to comment on his condition, but would like to say WELCOME, and send lots of vibes to Suggs

Someone on here will ba able to comment from experience. Have you tried search the forum?

hello all , , , thank you for the links they are very helpfull but sadly at the moment i can not really concerntrate on the information due to worrie hopefully the vet will call in the morning with some positive news fingers crossed all x :cry:

hello all ,
it seems that even with the get well wishes from you all sugs did not makeit through the night.
the lft side of his brain died and this caused him t pass away
thank you all for the wonderfull responce .
w are now going to get our children a ew bunny to lighten the loss x x :(

Aww, I am so sorry. You and your little one must be hurting lots, don't know what I would do if anything happened to my girl.

Binky free at the Bridge little one.

Binky free Suggs.

Please look at Rabbits in Need section on here if you are going to get a new bun, there are thousends of buns that would love a new home for Christmas xxx

So sorry for your loss. Binky free Suggs.

I am sure another bunny or two will help to heal the pain you all feel right now. Please consider rescue bunnies as there are a great number waiting for loving caring homes. They are usually vaccinated and neutered already and their temperament is already known which is a great bonus especially if they are to live around children where a more outgoing bun is needed.

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will be made very welcome and will learn a great deal I know I have.

Click on the Rabbitrehome link in the green bar at the very bottom of the page to take you to Rabbit Rehome where you can search for rescues and rabbits in your area.

I am so sorry- i did not post before as one of mine also had a stroke and despite intensive care died within 36 hours. A real stroke (as opposed to EC related head tilt) is rare to have recovery from.

When the time comes please help another bun by taking one (or even better two!) from Rabbit Rehome the rescue site linked to this one. They would all adore new homes for Xmas.

Back