• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your buns throw things around?

Danielle84

Mama Doe
Just wondered as Timmy loves to throw the water bowl around and water gets all over the place, and Blossom has now taken to throwing the food bowls and the food goes everywhere!! The food bowl does make a 'clanging' noise when she does it so not sure if it's just playing! Is this normal? Or does it mean they are stroppy?

Mine do. :)
I have jingly balls and when Grim had teeth he used to grab hold of it, stand up on his hind legs and chuck it. Toilet rolls work too. :D

Just wondered as Timmy loves to throw the water bowl around and water gets all over the place, and Blossom has now taken to throwing the food bowls and the food goes everywhere!! The food bowl does make a 'clanging' noise when she does it so not sure if it's just playing! Is this normal? Or does it mean they are stroppy?

It's either normal or we both ended up with stroppy bunnies.:shock::lol:

Yes they all do or attempt to, not with the bowls though, Brian just wees in his :oops:. They have jiggle balls and rattles which they love to make a racket with. :D

Lolly does when she is in a strop but never the food/water bowls she foes for something much bigger - the litter trays :roll:

Yup/ Dexter has murdered two carrot trees, three jingly balls with bells in them, lots of toilet rolls, three water bowls and a food bowl. He likes to throw things....

oooooh yes! especially when he doesn't get his own way!! he loves throwing his litter tray around :roll: i dont mind tbh. He makes sure i dont forget to clean it haha

I love the way Mint throws things around....it really makes me laugh ! Dh says she is a stroppy bunny, but he just likes things where HE puts then and not where I put them. Sometimes I sit inside his playhouse and as he runs outside I move his toys around, he runs back and spends time chucking each one about....my favourite one to watch him throw, is his little plastic plant pot.....as he can pick it up so easily and it gets thrown a long way. He doesn't attempt to move his bowl, but his litter tray can end up a very long way from here it started and stools or tunnels are all moved around all the time.

I wonder why so many of our rabbits throw things, what natural instinct could that be ?

mine throw, and pull. yesterday when tabby was moving a fleece, i really wished i could film it. she was so efficient! they throw their jingle ball and anything smallish. today, tabby has overturned a jumping basket and moved it a fair distance. they love to throw little plastic plantpots, too. :roll:

Mine throw when they're in a strop/trying to show off... sometimes a mix of the two!

It's very funny to watch, though. Especially when it goes wrong and they bop themselves on the head with whatever they're throwing! :lol: I had my Bella-bun get a pinecone stuck between her ears after doing that when she was a baby, and she looked so confused!

I have a magazine rack with pockets on the side and Deej goes through phases of pulling out the scissors and pens and throwing them around!

He worked out that picking up his treat ball and throwing it down gets the food out quicker and has been known to occasionally throw his empty food bowl around!

Alfie and Bubbles throw things around too. Alfie gets quite rough when he's doing it, but Bubbles just gives them a dainty little throw. :lol::lol:

Daisy and Loppy throw the food bowl around when I go to feed them,only Ollie seems to enjoy throwing the jingly ball around though [and I do mean he enjoys it,the more noise he makes the more he does it :roll:]

Bix loves throwing things around: rattle, jiggly ball, toilet roll, plant pot etc.

If she is in a strop she throws her litter tray over. Then gets more stroppy when she is told off. She hasn't done that for a while now...hope I haven't just cursed it :lol:

Bea loves it but Blue isn't fussed.
We had to get a coop cup cause she'd throw her water everwhere :roll:

Yep - our buns love to toss stuff around - they'll spend ages trying to stand those 'Chube' things on their ends, and loo roll inners stuffed with hay (and maybe a pellet or two) is a great tossing & chewing toy!:roll::lol:

Not their bowls but caught B chucking my plate around.Nice noise that made!!She also chucks around her wire balls/toys & litter tray.Dill moves his tuunel around with his teeth & gets quite mad with it!:lol:

Back