• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If Only I Could Get My PC to Recognise my Printer !!- U/D Post 10

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I'd print myself off some of these to make a few Christmas Cards !!

006-88.jpg

:D

Last edited:
What a lovely card design! That's a great picture ^_^
I always seem to have printer troubles as well... I don't know why it is.. -_-

Jane, what is wrong with your pc/printer. Maybe someone on here could help?

Since obtaining my new PC over a year ago I cannot get it to recognise any of my 3 printers when I try to install them :cry:
My PC has Windows Vista and apparently it's a common problem :?

Its been a few months since I tried to get one installed so maybe I'll have another go today. It always puts me into a foul mood though !! :oops:

You may have to go on line and down load the drivers,if thats what they are called,for your printer and type in for windows vista.

You may have to go on line and down load the drivers,if thats what they are called,for your printer and type in for windows vista.

I *think* I did try that :?
But I was probably in such a rage I just didn't do it properly :oops:

I will try again later today. I'll just have to think calming thoughts as I do!! :lol:

About the printer(s): If you go on the manufacturers website you'll find Vista downloads - if they're not there then the printer isnt compatible with vista

i had this problem and had to go out a buy a new printer! :(

Morsey Christmas to you too!

i had this problem and had to go out a buy a new printer! :(

If it comes to it, I'd say your better option is to scrap vista and install windows 7 if your printer is compatible with that, much better overall!

I feel your pain Jane, I'm fairly computer literate but installing things and sorting out problems is just bewildering to me. If I didn't have my own on-call computer engineer (although it often takes weeks for him to get round to it) I don't think I'd be very successful with sorting out my own stuff!

If it comes to it, I'd say your better option is to scrap vista and install windows 7 if your printer is compatible with that, much better overall!

I feel your pain Jane, I'm fairly computer literate but installing things and sorting out problems is just bewildering to me. If I didn't have my own on-call computer engineer (although it often takes weeks for him to get round to it) I don't think I'd be very successful with sorting out my own stuff!

but printers are cheaper than windows 7! :?

Back