• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why didn't I think of this before?

Glingle

Warren Veteran
I'm in the process of buying a house - Yay! However Dad's just pointed out to me that there's no way my three year old Rydale 5ft double hutch is going to fit through the house to put it in the back garden. Why when I was planning my list of essentials (off road parking, back garden big enough for the buns, decent heating etc) did I not consider this fact!

Anyone know someone who does good quality flat pack hutches? :lol:

we got a piano through our house !! so you should manage with a hutch ;)
you got to remember most sofas are longer than 5ft so if you can get you sofa in you should get your hutch in :D ok you may have it on its side upside down etc but it should go in
if all else fails dont you have back access to you garden even if its over a wall ?
or you could just take it apart :)

If you have a group of hunky men together, they should be able to get it on it's side and through the door. This is what i had to do with my Ryedale:lol::oops:

Ta for that. Will bookmark it for later. :wave:

You'd think the hutch'd fit but because of the depth and height of it and as the door to the lounge is immediately on the right hand side of the front door there's not enough room to get it through either normal way up or on it's side. It was a very tight squeeze to get it into this house.

On the bright side though I might be able to get them a 6ft double hutch this time as there was only only room for a 5ft in the garden here :D

You'd think the hutch'd fit but because of the depth and height of it and as the door to the lounge is immediately on the right hand side of the front door there's not enough room to get it through either normal way up or on it's side. It was a very tight squeeze to get it into this house.

On the bright side though I might be able to get them a 6ft double hutch this time as there was only only room for a 5ft in the garden here :D

how you gonna get the rest of your furnature in :shock:
if your going to struggle with the hutch i do hope you can get sofa wardrobes etc in :?

We had to get our neighbours to remove one of their garden fence panels to get our sofa through the patio doors cos it wouldn't fit through the front

Is there not any other way to get to the garden, other than through the house. Even if it means going across other people's gardens, if you ask and it's just this once, they might be accomodating?

The house backs onto a school so there's an 8 foot high fence directly behind the house and it's a mid terrace so it'd have to go across about four neighbours fences to get to my garden. Nevermind it'll be a new hutch and run (was going to get them a bigger run anyway as there'll be space for it).

Dad's said I can leave the other one here as a holiday hutch for them, then if I want to go away for a week or two they'll look after them. If I just want to go away for a weekend they'll come and bunny sit at my new house. I :love: my parents.

Hmm maybe I should measure up and see if I could get shed panels through the house....

I think it probably did have a pathway round the back but the new school fence has taken up so much of the space that only a cat could get between the back garden fences and the school fence!

Back