• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stand up to small hutches

janice

Wise Old Thumper
The RWAF are compaigning against small hutches which are sold by many pet shops on and off the high street or on line. They are asking people to give them the name, address, website and e-mail details for any retailer you know of who sells small rabbit hutches.

Details can either be sent via their RWAF group on facebook or by sending details to hq@rabbitwelfare.co.uk

The RWAF are compaigning against small hutches which are sold by many pet shops on and off the high street or on line. They are asking people to give them the name, address, website and e-mail details for any retailer you know of who sells small rabbit hutches.

Details can either be sent via their RWAF group on facebook or by sending details to hq@rabbitwelfare.co.uk

Yay!! I tried the RSPCA about one in my town, but she said they couldn't do anything. I'll email these people!

Thanks Janice!!

That's fab. Will keep an eye out.

Definitely a step in the right direction. People who can't be bothered to research their pets shouldn't be encouraged into bad housing but rubbish pet shops as far as I'm concerned. If tiny hutches are not available then they cannot be bought by people tempted by the attractive price tag.

Well done.

I saw one today which was so small it made my blood boil :evil:

Thanks for this thread. Will definitely be passing the details on.

Thanks everyone I knew I can rely on you all to pass information on to them. The more information that the RWAF have the more this helps them with their campaign and hopefully will help the world be rid of more of these unsuitable hutches.

Excellent! Will get tape measure out and visit a few local garden centres/ pet stores where they blatantly have tiny hutches on display.

A new pet shop has opened near me and when I passed it on Saturday I noticed it had a row of tiny (plywood?) hutches outside. I'll stop on my way back from the dentist to check it out and send the details on..

there was one in barnsley bus station ...i will check if they still have those tiny hutches in and if so i will pass on their details ;)

In the past couple of weeks I've emailed several online stores about advertising small hutches as suitable for rabbits, so I've forwarded their details to the RWAF.

Back