• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits fighting when cleaned out?

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
... whenever i clean Tiffany and Bo out, they begin to fight.. its horrendous and i dont know whats setting them off. They have always been abit funny when been put in the run after other buns etc so i always clean the runs first. But now its happening in the hutch..... and its only when i clean them out? Or when i am in the hutch.

Im useless at bunnies kept together but it sounds terratorial to me.Have you nowhere to put them while you do the job??

Tiff and Bo?? Being bad? Nooooooooooooo!

Mine hump when I clean them out - so I guess its territorial - can you avoid it by giving them a treat whilst you do it to keep their attention off each other?

Im useless at bunnies kept together but it sounds terratorial to me.Have you nowhere to put them while you do the job??

I guess i could put them in a carrier? or clean them whilst there in the runs? its just been lately with the weather been so bad, kind of a quick clean etc. Tiffany attacked the brush the other day... :roll:

I have a pair who do this. It is because one is incredibly anxious and has behavioural problems associated with her huge fear.

When you clean them out, are they in there? Do you do it first, before doing any other buns? Do you use anything (like brush and dustpan) that you have used with other bunnies? does one bunny tend to start the fights?

I guess i could put them in a carrier? or clean them whilst there in the runs? its just been lately with the weather been so bad, kind of a quick clean etc. Tiffany attacked the brush the other day... :roll:

I know what you mean about quick clean!! Weather is murder!!!

Tiff and Bo?? Being bad? Nooooooooooooo!

Mine hump when I clean them out - so I guess its territorial - can you avoid it by giving them a treat whilst you do it to keep their attention off each other?

how many hands do you think i have. them two much anything within seconds hah

I have a pair who do this. It is because one is incredibly anxious and has behavioural problems associated with her huge fear.

When you clean them out, are they in there? Do you do it first, before doing any other buns? Do you use anything (like brush and dustpan) that you have used with other bunnies? does one bunny tend to start the fights?

I am wondering if i should get them there own brush and dustpan? I reckon it could be that? In future i will clean them first...

Yes, it may be referred agression from the other bunnies smell. You could try a bit of vanilla just above their noses before you clean them and see if this helps.

My other thought was that if she is attacking the brush, a bunny with eyesight issues could have a reaction to that.

Yes, it may be referred agression from the other bunnies smell. You could try a bit of vanilla just above their noses before you clean them and see if this helps.

My other thought was that if she is attacking the brush, a bunny with eyesight issues could have a reaction to that.

Tiffany attacks anything if i give her chance, she just doesnt like us humans.... same for her husbun really.

Yes i will try that thanks :)

i don't know.. Fiver lives on his own and i have no other rabbits..yet he attacks the brush EVERYTIME he comes near it :roll: haha

I pop mine in a carrier if it is too wet to use a run when it rains and find they are fine as long as the carrier hasn't been used recently for other bunnies. I left a furry bed in there the other week and Scout attacked that thinking it was a strange rabbit and then turned on Marley...had to whip him out sharpish. :roll:

My brother in law's bun Hugs used to attack brooms and brushes, but he used to do it for fun...

Could they also be scared of the brush its self as well as being territorial? I like the idea of their own brush, but maybe let them get used to it as well, just put it in their hutch and give them treats and cuddles so that they associate it with good stuff. :)

Maybe your stress and doing a rushed clean in this weather combined with what everyone else has said has just spooked them.

Back