• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit weight

rexy&coco

Warren Scout
i have just weighed coco and she is roughly 1.5 kg she is a netherland dwarf and is 15 weeks old
rexy is about 2 kg and he is a dutch. and he is 20 weeks old.
i am not sure what weight they are meant to be , is their weight ok??
thanks
:?

We can't tell, to be honest. Even with a specific breed, the weights specified for that breed are show quality weights and individual rabbits may be purebred but vary from that weight.

You're better off looking at their general health, how shiney their fur is, also, how prominant their spine is, etc. Also, if your vet says they are fine then they are fine :)

...individual rabbits may be purebred but vary from that weight. You're better off looking at their general health, how shiney their fur is, also, how prominant their spine is, etc. Also, if your vet says they are fine then they are fine :)

thank goodness! tabby is way over show weight, but the vet says her coat is in amazing condition and she's not overweight. but she is a b i g minilop, and matthew's not that much smaller.

I have 2 nethies..bro and sis.The boy Beebee weighs in at 1.4kg and Lily weighs in at 0.8kg.
The difference is amazing!! Same age (obviously) 1 yr old....:wave:

they both look in fab condition (even if i do say so myself):lol::lol:
both have thick glossy coats and are happy enough.

i have no worries about there health at all- touch wood.
just rather addicted to this site. cant stop asking questions..............i am meant to be doing the ironing:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back