• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

tubular heaters in sheds

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
I've had a good price today to run a light and power socket into each of my three sheds, so I'm looking to put in the greenhouse tubular heaters for the buns for Christmas.

Does anyone else have them, and what length heater do you have (I believe each 1ft=60w), and does it provide sufficient heat to keep off the frost?

Thanks!

:wave: I have a 6 x 4 wendy house and have 2 tubular heaters in there. I think they are about 2' long (they were from Argos). I only put the two on together during very cold nights.

They are good because they just take the chill off. I also have them on timers and set them so they alternate and don't get too hot - I think they have cut out safety things in them anyway but just wanted to be cautious.

ETA - These are mine: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4151333/Trail/searchtext>TUBULAR.htm

Thanks for that - I think I'll get a 4ft one for each shed then.

The good thing is they look really cheap to run, so worth it when we go into the minus degrees temps.

Back