• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding three rabbits

Angorakeeper

Young Bun
Has anyone here ever tried bonding a rabbit to an existing bonded couple?

It looks like Charmin and Ryo are going to bond great! It will still be a while before Marsha is spayed. I am debating to keep her (i am fostering her) or try to bond her with Charmin and Ryo.
Charmin is male
Ryo is female
Marsha is female

I would feel bad to keep her, and couldnt bond her with the other two. Because if she couldnt bond with the other two than she would only have run of one room, while the others have run of the house.

are rabbits happier/better off in pairs rather than groups?

I bonded simba (male) and nala (female)together.. they lived together about a year then i added Fifi (female) to them. Luckily they all get on together and share cuddles, grooming with each other so noone gets left out :D I think its dependent on every rabbit.. they are al different.. but i havent found it much different having 3 than when i had 2 bonded rabbits. I think there is probably more chasing than there was with 2 but i think thats partly down to Fifi being 3 yrs younger than the other two so is more lively :D

Just make sure you can bond them somewhere none of them have scented already

I added Charlie (male) to an exsisting male female (Frankie and Bluebelle) with relative easy (touched wood really quickly) They didn't hump or anything. I think it depends on the rabbits concerned.

However Charlie was part of a happy 4 some, but when Autumn died, and left 3 behind, Granite turned on Charlie. And Granite was not happy to be bonded into another 4some either. So it really does depend on the rabbits concerned

I added Tilly to Roger and Summer, and I added Cloud to The Dopeys. It does hold risks though, because one of the original pair could choose the new bunny over their bonded friend and so you might end up with the new bunny having a bonded friend and one of the original pair being a loner (I know someone whose bunnies did this).

I personally prefer my bunnies in a trio because if you lose one then they are not alone, but it isnt right for all bunnies. My Candyfloss and Dusk could never be a trio because Candyfloss and her behaviour.

Good luck if you decide to try :)

Back