• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think?

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
Is the bonding working :D:love:?

The first day together :
SDC11694.jpg

The Second day together:
SDC11839.jpg

SDC11847.jpg

SDC11768.jpg

And today:
SDC11852.jpg

SDC11850.jpg

:D

Cheers everyone! I'm just mega surprised how easy this bond has been so far. Brian has tried to hump Jemimah from what I've seen 3 times, twice in the cage and she's dashed out of the way and once this morning in the carrier when I was cleaning them out. There's also been absolutely zero fur pulling or fighting.

Jemimah was the first to start washing the same day I first put them together and Brian eventually came around and did it back last night.

Brian was castrated on the 16th October and Jemimah was speyed on the 13th November, so far the hormones don't seem to be an issue and all is well. :D As you can see by size as well, Brian isn't growing! :roll:

I'm so happy :love::love::love:

Just curious, they've been in the cage for almost 3 days now, I initally started the bond in my bathroom. I'm feeling horrible about not letting them out. I have the 'Giant Galvanised Run 144cm/116cm/58cm' to attach when the time is right to increase space slightly, when do you think would be right to do so?
Then after that how long would it be until I can let them have full run of the house?

I do have another bonded pair, but when it came to bonding Lola and Max, in honesty I didn't do it how your supposed to and I just put them in a room together (they were neutered) and everything just worked out.

And 8 comments! including this one and 41 views! bah Humbug! :(:love:

They look totally in love and very happy :love::love::love:

I'm no expert on bonding, so I can't answer your questions either. You do seem to be doing a grand job so far though. :)

They look totally in love and very happy :love::love::love:

I'm no expert on bonding, so I can't answer your questions either. You do seem to be doing a grand job so far though. :)

Anyone have any ideas on my questions? I'd hate to ruin this bond now! :love::love::love:

I'm increasing my groups space after 5 days, then increasing it to the full size a couple of weeks after that
They are a perfect couple!

I'm increasing my groups space after 5 days, then increasing it to the full size a couple of weeks after that
They are a perfect couple!

Ok thanks, I'll go for the extension in about 2 days time then (it's 144cm/116cm by 58cm, so not overly large or small) then I'll increase in a couple of weeks to full house and we'll see from there.

And thank you! :wave:, I was really nervous about it, because Jemimah has always been a little grunty madam, but it's gone perfectly. Though I can't really talk about my nerves when you've got the guts to bond 8! You must be Super-woman! :lol::love:

Ok thanks, I'll go for the extension in about 2 days time then (it's 144cm/116cm by 58cm, so not overly large or small) then I'll increase in a couple of weeks to full house and we'll see from there.

And thank you! :wave:, I was really nervous about it, because Jemimah has always been a little grunty madam, but it's gone perfectly. Though I can't really talk about my nerves when you've got the guts to bond 8! You must be Super-woman! :lol::love:

Haha. I have done a big group of 7 before which went fine. I think i've just had luck so far though! I did expect a fight between Pixie and Gem but nope, they were fine. I was pretty amazed, and touch wood they seem in bunny luuurve.
I've never had a hard bond actually:shock:

They are an absolutely gorgeous couple. I missed this thread yesterday :love:
Probably best if I don't try to give you bonding advice either :)

HOW did I miss this?!! They are so purty!! Brilliant they bonded so quickly! :love::love::love: Brian is a little hunk!!! :love::love:

Back