• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello from Kentucky! (long intro!)

Angorakeeper

Young Bun
Hello everyone!
My name is Amanda, and I am a dog groomer here in kentucky. I have been working with dogs since I was 16, I am now 23!

I got my first rabbit when I was 18. Her name is Ryo and she is some sort of lop mix. Ryo is a bit of a pain sometimes. She likes thing her way, only comes to you on her own terms, and really never did care much for human interaction. I basically saved Ryo from the crock pot. It was normal for my dad to bring home rabbits, wild or tame and cook them. I really didnt mind it, but I got attached to Ryo because he kept her around about a week before he was planning on cooking her. Well, since I got attached she became my bunny.

So I got online because I knew next to nothing about rabbits, and learned all sorts of stuff!

Well, now I have her AND two angoras. In september I got a call from my Aunt. She had bought her grandson a french angora rabbit about a year ago. This rabbit lived outside in a hutch and didnt get much attention. Everyone was allergic to it but the little boy, and the little boy rarely fed it, and even would get bored and go outside and be mean to it! My aunt felt horrible for the rabbit so she wanted to know if I wanted it. And of course I said yes!

Poor Charmin, as he is named now... was a soild mat, the was covered in fleas, he was skinny, and scared to death! I never planned on keeping Charmin, I was just going to get him all taken care of and re home him. I shaved off his mats, treated his fleas, put some weight on him and socialized him. I even neutered him. He was all ready to go to his new home :D
And just yesterday I realized.... I cannot part with him! I adore him!
So I started the process of bonding him with my other rabbit, Ryo.

And then came Marsha the english angora, she also came to me in september. My vet called me and told me a story about this lady who had a house rabbit. she was moving and didnt want to bring the rabbit because she didnt want rabbit fur in her new house! and she wanted to know if I would take it. And of course, I said YES again! LOL

Marsha was covered in mats and had to be shaved too! I didnt plan on keeping her either. She is not spayed yet. After she is spayed I might try to rehome her, but I am attached to her too!

So I have declared myself an angora rabbit lover! they are soo awesome! both of them loved to be held, picked up, and handled. I could NEVER do that with my Ryo!

Here are some pics!

Ryo
yumleaf.jpg
gottaearup.jpg

Charmin (he has had a hair cut)
015.jpg

001.jpg

Marhsa (she has had a hair cut too! a very major one LOL)
002.jpg

Marsha does not even look like a rabbit without a hair cut! you cannot even see her eyes.

Beautiful Bunnies....(Hide the crock pot!!!!!!!!!! Better still,break it!!!!)
So glad they are getting the proper care they deserve.xx

Aww, look at those hairy ears - so cute. I want to squish them up a bit!

Welcome to RU, looking forward to plenty more pics !
:wave:

Back