• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bif is finally home..but her and bertie are unbonded :(

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
i told them it owuld happen..they have coped each time so far but this time its happened....shes gone for bertie and hes gone for her..i tried to let it play out as scuffles betwen these two is common even tho they love and adore each other so much.
But it got worse..stopping only when bertie collpased exhausted in the pet carrier/litter tray and bif fell into a breathing battle behind the hay box.
i have tried for an hour to catch her.

there is a delivery tomorow morn of the other sofa bed...yes also on credit but it was cheaper than a sofa or even a bed!! and it means if nikki has to live downstairs eprmanently i can sleep down there when shes needing me.....

so its for the best that i have to concede defeat and take her upstairs to my room where hunnybunny my mums bun stayed..i havent steam cleaned the carpet tho only sweot with a dustpan and brush......but i had no choice..this week has been hell...:(
but its been decided give her a couple of days to ensure shes ok..or maybe 24hrs or less...and then we are taking merlin and his cage down too...whilst bif n bertie are unbonded...we may as well bond him into the mix now as him and bertie usually get on ok.

fingers crossed..its a long time bond not rush to get it done by crimbo..done that one befoe and after new eyar bif had to be hospitlaised as the stress was too much for her.

shes feisty today and brave..the vet nurse said shed been feeding her and when she went to feed her again...she was waiting for it!! shes eating by herself too..had a nom nom on hay and food inbetween boxing bouts.

ive only got hay and water up here right now..will get pellets later...need her to eat hay. will give her fibreplex but with all this stress i will prob have to crit care her too.

poor bertie..his heart is in tatters..hes been scratched punched bitten....and hes collapsed in the carrier exhausted and heartbroken:(

i never intended to bond merlin to them as they were so devoted to each other and after everything theyd come thru..it was going to stay that way.
but with this maybe its a sign.....

merlin would be good for making bif leave berties side for a run around and give him some relaxation time....also if bifs off chasing the cats merlin and bertie have each other for company...bandit and bertie got on ok till berties eye ulcer i guess and not long before bandit died...i think each knew the other was in trouble and got scared.

im heartbroken for bertie....:cry:

they do not allow buns together now as its deemed cruel to shove two buns in a tiny cage....so they cant even have a cage opposite each other..theyre all along one wall. and berties so big they said..when ehs stayed theyve had him in the isolation room on the floor to himself:shock: blimey where did they put willow then when she was spayed!!

i will have to have a talk with ellen over the phone...and see if she can try and chnage things again after this. regulations..my bum!!

wish bif luck and speediy poops..and send hugs to poor bertie...

one good hting..bif doesnt stink and no soft poops stuck to her...no smell exuding from her bottom when she was clean like before.

shes bright eyed bushy tailed and she looks like shes been groomed thoroughly but i guess the feeding got enough loose fur out...:lol:

sigh his has been a very stressful week..i musnt allow myself to cave in or shell pick up on it..she awlays does.

Thank you so much. I am right in thinking that this would be a perfect opportunity and a good idea arent i?
im such a mess right now..all i want is for the buns to get on....and be together again and if merlin could help by joining in after all then so be it.

bifs the territorial beasty:oops:

shes very odd..very wary but not hiding in my room..i was just talking to her whilst she ate a few pelets and again in her litter tray where shes left about 3 poops that i can see..need to see way more so when nikki wakes up i will make up a batch of cc and try and feed bif..id rather let ehr eat normally but either way fibreplex is ocming her way!

i wondered why she wasnt in the nice warm bed i made ehr..one of that cats was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz in it:lol: salem just chased his sis out of it then got in himself but then hes waiting for his mummy to join him so he can wash her and snuggle her. he was doing that when she got home...hes missed her so much. what a mother son team eh?!

bif loves to be talked to and she sits n lstens intently..i have always done that since her first day..thought itd help her settle in easier...but she still likes to have a running commentary on what youre doing and what shes doing...

i love my buns but i dont want a repeat of the whole bif bertie willow and bandit situation....even tho they did bond in the end only for bif to become evry ill and turn on the oter three the cats and us. she was in agony with the beginning of stasis and surprise...teeth s purs.

i know they think im cruel having her teeth done when the spurs are so tiny..but it works every time.....shes eatng hay etc etc....but i do worry they think i put my animals through it for nothing:(
guess its since my now completley estraned daughetr got found out telling everyone in her bfs family and cicle of friends that i made out her and her sister were ill and got them unnecessary tests....all lies but it does stay with you that thought that people belived her....:(

am i awful to insist it was the right thing to burr her teeth? if its helps her its not unecessary right?

I'm still of the opinion you should change vets Debs but thats not the issue at the moment.

Are you coming on Sunday Debs?

Do you want me to come over at somepoint and see if we can get them back together? :love:

think i will ring and have a chat...i think ellen and caroline and mark are great with bif n bertie but the other savvy vets seem to have gone and vanished..or maybe its just me who gets the numpties!!

mind you if theres only one bunsavvy vet there....at emsworth...?

i wished you could..its soul destroying....he wants her back...hes been sleeping upstairs whilst the bedsettee was deliverd and he snuck under my bed and laid up against the pen panels to be enar his beloved bif..she went nuts and attacked him after hed been asleep for a few hours..he got itno her pen see when i was giving her fibreplex.
shes doing weeny poops and not great heaps but shes going..shes refusing syringe feeds and cleaned out her food bowl from yesterday. ive fed her some but bertie put her off.
shes very nervy...i dont know how to calm her down right now.

i have to feed her fibreplex threetimes a day for two days min so shes not going to escape me.
i hope to but now it hinges on nikki and bif..if bif is oging to be ok..if nikkis swine flu jab thursday makes her so bad shes hallucinating then i cant...and of course if i have a fit or having loads blakcouts i cant..really im a failure all around arent i...crawls back under her rock.:cry:

Britta is good...she's seeing Harley through the pneumonia and we trust Ben with them too ;)

Definately give them a ring and perhaps go down and see Claire with Bif.....I can guarantee she'll love her :love:

ooh thank you so much.....thats made me feel a bit better.

lol...your biased cos you love bif too:lol::lol:

shes so jumpy an misreable.....its not like her to be cheeky at me and chase the cats. shes like she was after unbonding from the foursome i had of her bertie willow and bandit.

shes eating well and shes eaten her squishys after dpoing them on the floor...theyre smaler than usual thankfully. but she did manage to get one stuck and wipe it on me..lovely!!

im going to have to change vets..pricey taxi fare but much less than shedfield i hope!! only thing is in a dire emergency itd be far..but then if it was a pts dying bunny...id ring nearest vets to do that. yup gonna make a phone call and get mums bunny changed over too.:wave:

Back