• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeding time at Kayj's

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
All waiting

FeedingtimeatKayjsx2.jpg

It's coming

FeddingtimeatKayjs2x2.jpg

:love::love::love::love::love:

Awwwh i was expecting bunnies too :lol:

The doggies are cute :love: Especially love the doggie whos sitting on the bed playing with his toys :lol::lol: xXx

Awwwh i was expecting bunnies too :lol:

The doggies are cute :love: Especially love the doggie whos sitting on the bed playing with his toys :lol::lol: xXx

Thats Blue one of my Springers he always walks around with a toy in his mouth:D:lol::lol::lol:

My dog's the same, it's food, food, food! Is the dog on the right (the spotty one) a rescue dog? He/she looks uncomfortably overweight. :(

the "one on the right" is not "uncomfortable" by any stretch of the imagination. All Kayj's animals are incredibly happy and loved and some just have bigger appetites than others :lol:

the "one on the right" is not "uncomfortable" by any stretch of the imagination. All Kayj's animals are incredibly happy and loved and some just have bigger appetites than others :lol:

You mean it's deliberately fed to look like that? :? I'm sure she loves them all to bits, but she must realise the serious implications it will have on the dog's health to let it get obese like that.

My dog's the same, it's food, food, food! Is the dog on the right (the spotty one) a rescue dog? He/she looks uncomfortably overweight. :(

Yes Molly is a rescue dog (she had an horrendous start in life she was kicked out of a puppy farm while she was pregnant). I don't see what being a rescue as got to do with it though and NO she isn't delibrately fed like that she is on a diet (I don't have to explain myself to you:?). If you have anything to say as regarding the care of my pets I suggest you pm me or if you really want to discuss the care of her or any of them I will gladly give you my vets number who would be more than happy to discuss my pets with you if that makes you happy .
Molly runs in the fields and goes for swims in the ponds so I wouldn't say she was uncomfortable she is only 2kg over what she should be
I am not getting into an argument with you as the photo's were put on by Snowy to just show everyone what the dogs are like when it was feeding time, it wasn't for people to criticise the care of my animals. I really don't need your comments at the moment, we as a family have been through enough over the last 8wks you can ask anyone on here who knows me

Mum2buns was having a joke as she knows me and all my animals personally:roll:

Aww look at their little angelic faces :love:

They certainly are patient!!
My buns, in contrast, would be scaling your legs and nipping your toes! :shock::lol:

Yes Molly is a rescue dog (she had an horrendous start in life she was kicked out of a puppy farm while she was pregnant). I don't see what being a rescue as got to do with it though and NO she isn't delibrately fed like that she is on a diet (I don't have to explain myself to you:?). If you have anything to say as regarding the care of my pets I suggest you pm me or if you really want to discuss the care of her or any of them I will gladly give you my vets number who would be more than happy to discuss my pets with you if that makes you happy .
Molly runs in the fields and goes for swims in the ponds so I wouldn't say she was uncomfortable she is only 2kg over what she should be
I am not getting into an argument with you as the photo's were put on by Snowy to just show everyone what the dogs are like when it was feeding time, it wasn't for people to criticise the care of my animals. I really don't need your comments at the moment, we as a family have been through enough over the last 8wks you can ask anyone on here who knows me

Mum2buns was having a joke as she knows me and all my animals personally:roll:

kayj, believe it or not I wasn't making a personal attack on you! From what I've seen on the forum you've shown great care for your pets. That's why I assumed, from her size, that you had taken her on recently.

Surely you understand why I expressed my concerns after the 'larger appetite' comment? I shouldn't think anybody on here likes to think of an animal suffering. It's like someone posting a pic of a rabbit in a tiny hutch - your first thought, if you don't know the whole story, is concern for the bun's welfare.

I am glad you're working with your vet to bring Molly's weight down anyway, and wish you every success with it.

kayj, believe it or not I wasn't making a personal attack on you! From what I've seen on the forum you've shown great care for your pets. That's why I assumed, from her size, that you had taken her on recently.

Surely you understand why I expressed my concerns after the 'larger appetite' comment? I shouldn't think anybody on here likes to think of an animal suffering. It's like someone posting a pic of a rabbit in a tiny hutch - your first thought, if you don't know the whole story, is concern for the bun's welfare.

I am glad you're working with your vet to bring Molly's weight down anyway, and wish you every success with it.

Did you not see the laughing smilie, I don't think anyone here thinks my dog is suffering if so and you obviously do then they you more than welcome to call the RSPCA the Inspector for my area is Lisa Fahey. My Vets tel number is 0161 799 2299 ask for Caroline Purnell but she isn't in surgery until tomorrow am.

I can't believe that my jokey comment was taken seriously by the person who is continuing to upset Kay in this way.
Kay is devoted to her animals (all of them) and treats each one as an individual, tending to each of their needs fully.
Molly is a gorgeous dog. She is happy, not "uncomfortable" in the least and very well exercised. My comment about some animals having bigger appetites than others simply referred to the fact they are all sitting (mouths watering) for their dinner and was not in any way related to Mollie and her weight.
She is perfectly healthy, perfectly happy (as are all Kay's animals) and I want this silly discussion to end now so that Kay can get on with what she does best, caring selflessly for unwanted animals.
By the way I have a rabbit with a very "healthy" appetite. She's called Sparkle and perhaps you want to tell me that I don't look after her properly as well!!!! - and yes, she is a bit dumpy but then so am I!!!!:lol:

Hoppit

I cannot believe your comments on this thread, can you explain what exactely your problem is?, you had a go at me before telling me I should have had my disabled bunnies PTS'd and now this because I put up a picture of Kay's dogs, or do you now have a problem with Kay or maybe it's rescues in general? I really would like to know.

I would also like to state that I posted that picture of Kays 4 dogs because it was lovely, they were being so good waiting for the meal and I believe it's a smashing picture and I posted it to bring a smile to Kay's face and for people to enjoy, not for you to make your very rude comments about.

To insinuate the Kay doesn't look after her animals or give them the care they deserve is so very insulting and extremely hurtful, Kay and David work every hour God sends them and their lives are dedicated to the welfare and wellbeing of animals, they go without themselves to provide for all of the animals in their care and to critise them like you have is outrageous to say the least.

Kay and David have been through a really rough time just lately and they certainly don't need you adding further upset and worry to the problems they already have, I really don't think you understand the damage you have done.

Last edited:
Hoppit

I cannot believe your comments on this thread, can you explain what exactely your problem is?, you had a go at me before telling me I should have had my disabled bunnies PTS'd and now this because I put up a picture of Kay's dogs, or do you now have a problem with Kay or maybe it's rescues in general? I really would like to know.

I would also like to state that I posted that picture of Kays 4 dogs because it was lovely, they were being so good waiting for the meal and I believe it's a smashing picture and I posted it to bring a smile to Kay's face and for people to enjoy, not for you to make your very rude comments about.

To insinuate the Kay doesn't look after her animals or give them the care they deserve is so very insulting and extremely hurtful, Kay and David work every hour God sends them and their lives are dedicated to the welfare and wellbeing of animals, they go without themselves to provide for all of the animals in their care and to critise them like you have is outrageous to say the least.

Kay and David have been through a really rough time just lately and they certainly don't need you adding further upset and worry to the problems they already have, I really don't think you understand the damage you have done.

Thank you Snowy, that means so much as does Mum2buns:D I have had Gayle (mum2buns) on the phone to me this morning as she feels bad at making a joke and me getting all this flak but I want to say to you both publicly that I found the pics brill and they did bring a smile to my face and I thought Gayles joke was funny and I know both of you meant nothing malice as you are both good friends:D.

Back