• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning second-hand cage

Kloy

Warren Scout
Hello there!

I bought an indoor rabbit cage from a charity shop, one of the plastic based ones. I have bleached it and rinsed it; is this enough to ensure that'll it'll be safe to put the bunnies in?

I'm prolly being really paranoid but you never know what happened to the last occupant.....but yes sorry, rambling as ever; will a good bleach clean be enough? :peace: xx

I would have thought so - just make sure you've thoroughly rinsed all the bleach off (and make sure you washed all the metal bars too - not just the plastic base).

There are a number of disintfectants that you can get that are bunny friendly,, just spray the cage and leave it for a while before rinsing off. Bleach would probably do the trick but I think this would give you real peace mind

Thanks both, I'd already bleached it and rinsed it but I think I'll give it a bunny-disinfectant safe rub over before putting my baby in it :)

It's only temporary christmas housing at my mums so I didn't want to spend too much on it, and indoor cages are PRICY new! :shock: xx

Thanks both, I'd already bleached it and rinsed it but I think I'll give it a bunny-disinfectant safe rub over before putting my baby in it :)

It's only temporary christmas housing at my mums so I didn't want to spend too much on it, and indoor cages are PRICY new! :shock: xx

I know, I couldnt believe it when I saw the price of them

Back