• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rosie again - (update - being treated for EC)

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
i just dropped my mirror and she was acting weird in her basket then ran out scared and fell near drawers and went into paralysed state all muscles stiffined, her head stuck under drawers
i moved her she ran to the wall then fell paraysled state again :cry: this is horrible i want her back to her normal self again

i stroked her she was all stiffened up she now ran to bottom of bed sat for bit and just ran round corner and looked at me, she seems ok again now

Last edited:
Poor Rosie :cry:

Is the falling due to her arthritis ?

i don't know i think soo, she just goes into paralysis and whole body goes stiff i have to pick her up and then she cries :cry:

im wondering if she needs to eat more, she won't touch carrots, celery or anything big since mowgli went she only has greens that are already chopped, mowgli crunching on foods made her want to eat things

That doesn't sound like normal arthritis to me :? I would get her back to the vets incase she is having small fits. Its very hard to know just from your description what exactly is happeneing, but I think you need to at least ring the vet today

do you think she'll benefit from a vitamin supplement at this time?

my nan was asking how old she was i said she'll be 8yrs old in few months, my nan didn't realise rosie was that old, thats how fast time goes, but rosie has shown deteriation since mowgli left us :cry:

That doesn't sound like normal arthritis to me :? I would get her back to the vets incase she is having small fits. Its very hard to know just from your description what exactly is happeneing, but I think you need to at least ring the vet today

thanks, she just falls into paralysis, its not nice

she's going vets this afternoon :cry: just phoned them, they thanked me for mowgli's card i sent piccie to them of him as santa

Good luck, I will have my fingers firmly crossed for you both.

I wont be on much today but will try to pop on later for an update xx

:cry: im soo worried, i think hugo's there could be right about little fits, remember a few months back when she had vhd and i said after she looked like she was having a fit for a few days, then it seemed to go away :?

should i ask for blood tests

will do setting off in 20mins :wave: she seems fine now :lol: thats what happens she'll look fine then later it happens then look fine again

rosie is being treated for the dreaded E-cuniculi :cry: i had already started panacur 2 days ago as i had a thought it could be this
shes had the injections and come home with baytril and got to take her back on monday for further injections

as soon as vet put her on examining table and asked does she always fall to one side rosie fell to one side, so i didn't have to say she did

i hope she fights it and gets better, please send my little girl vibes ive got my fingers crossed

going to be busy monday now with gp morning, then cpn and then vets with rosie

im goin gto have to buy panacur in to last rosie a month as only got one on me, i also need to get some for when my new bunny comes in 3weeks time

Poor Rosie. I hope the panacur helps her a little. Being on metacam may also help reduce the inflammation in her brain.

At least the vet was able see Rosie's symptoms which is good

Sending lots of vibes for Rosie and for you xxx

rosie is being treated for the dreaded E-cuniculi :cry: i had already started panacur 2 days ago as i had a thought it could be this
shes had the injections and come home with baytril and got to take her back on monday for further injections

as soon as vet put her on examining table and asked does she always fall to one side rosie fell to one side, so i didn't have to say she did

i hope she fights it and gets better, please send my little girl vibes ive got my fingers crossed

going to be busy monday now with gp morning, then cpn and then vets with rosie

im goin gto have to buy panacur in to last rosie a month as only got one on me, i also need to get some for when my new bunny comes in 3weeks time

Oh no :( Poor Rosie :( Im sure with your care she will get better Lisa :) Your a very good bunny mummy. Sending lots of vibes xxxx

Poor Rosie. I hope the panacur helps her a little. Being on metacam may also help reduce the inflammation in her brain.

At least the vet was able see Rosie's symptoms which is good

Sending lots of vibes for Rosie and for you xxx

i was advised to stop the metacam, saying not to use it with baytril :?

Back