• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hmmm, what to do... U/D Decision MADE!!

Should we take Beau for bonding this weekend?

• Yes - risk it!

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • No - wait until after Christmas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure - explain why

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
...well, Beau's new wifeybun is all spayed and ready to go. So ptentially he could go up this weekend and be bonded over the week, for me to bring home next weekend.

BUT we are going up to my parent's on the 20th for Christmas week. Is this too early to be putting that kind of strain on a bond? We will be taking Beau's pen and rug up so they will have exactly the same space as they would be used to, and they will be in mine and OH's bedroom with us, so we will be on hand to sort out any spats.

Caroline, at Rabbit Residence, is doing the bond, and she is of the opinion that as sunflower is desperate to get out of rescue, and is a lively and confident bunny, that it should be fine and she wants to risk it. She is very experienced with buns, so shall I just go with her instinct?

My instinct is to wait until after Christmas, but I would feel so bad if sunflower had to spend Christmas in rescue :cry: plus my instinct is probably based on the fact that Beau's last attempted bond went horribly wrong, so I'm probably overly cautious about the whole thing.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Well I'd have thought that seeing as going away for Christmas would be a change / minor stress for both of them that it would make them closer....a bit like going on a car journey during bonding??

ETA I'd also want to get Sunflower out of rescue before Christmas :oops:

Well I'd have thought that seeing as going away for Christmas would be a change / minor stress for both of them that it would make them closer....a bit like going on a car journey during bonding??

ETA I'd also want to get Sunflower out of rescue before Christmas :oops:

That's my thoughts too :) I'd bite the bullet & let them have their first Christmas together :love:

I'd trust Caroline's instinct, she's been doing it for a very long time and knows the bunnies well. She's also not a huge risk taker so I know she wouldn't say do it if she didn't think it was for the best.

I also agree with the others that the car journey etc might actually help to settle the bond and taking the pen with you means that they would retain the same familiar smells and territory.

You can never tell 100% but on balance I would go for it :)

I'm picking up a telepathic signal from Sunflower - she wants to spend Christmas with Beau :D

Edit to add: If I'd been asking the question and got these answers from these bunny experienced people - I'd be that much nearer going for it...

Last edited:
Do it do it do it :lol: 20th is ages away!

Please say hello to Caroline from me :wave: I think of her often but am hopeless at keeping in touch :oops:

No I'm in Chelmsford, but my Heather came from Carolines and I used to go up there quite a lot and help out. I'm just too busy now to be able to get up there like I used to :(

Back