• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weird jump and run?

River

Warren Scout
Hey everyone.

I got my rabbit, Oz, on Monday. He's a great guy, tones of personality. I got him neutered on Wednesday, vet said everything went well, he was good and healthy and less male. And the cage he came in wasn't very big, so today we got him a bigger cage, set it up and put him in it. Then we all went off to school and such. Then we came home this afternoone and let him out to play.

His cage door is always open so he can come and go whenever he wants when we're home. And we have hard wood floors so when he runs around he slips and slides a bit. But he hated his bedding so we put an old towel down in his cage and he loves that - he loves towels. Then at one point he went back into his cage and kinda shook his head and jumped then took off running doing MAD circles around his cage, in odd patterns, just running and jumping and occasionally shaking his head.

So i immediatly freaked wondering if he had ear mites or an infection, so i held him and looked into his ears and saw nothing. A small amount of wax but nothing to be concerned about. Then a few hours later he did it again.

I'm wondering if this is just him happy he has a big cage he an run around, or if he hates the cage, or if I'm missing something?

He seems very happy otherwise. He does several binkys, he runs all over the house, he lays down in his favoriet spots and chills out, he hides in his cardboard castle.

Maybe he's happy, maybe he hates it, maybe he likes to run in his cage because he gets better traction? I don't know.
Any guesses?

He just sounds happy to me! Louie also does the shaking his head thing when having a mad half hour!

Sounds like a happy bun to me!! My boy puts his head close to the ground, shakes his head and spins around, then looks shocked with himself!!

Love it! Justin has done this since we got him and Colin did his first one yesterday!! :D

Aww, Lola is gorgeous :) but now I've just spent the last 10 minutes looking at bunnies binkying on youtube when I'm supposed to be working.....I'm going to have to curb my bunny obsession!!!

Back