• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

now there are four...

mum2buns

Warren Scout
...rabbits at our house.
Kayj brought little Oscar to meet Sparkle and Tyson and Bruno and they hit it off immediately.
Infact the two boys have taken to Oscar probably better than Sparkle has!
The 3 of them were snuggled up within minutes. Sparkle is pretending Oscar isn't there at the moment - no fighting or anything like that she just ignores him.
Ty and Bru have gone in their shed for the night and will be able to play with Oscar again tomorrow.
Amazingly our situation has always worked really well with Sparkle as our house bunny who spends time with the boys during the day and then comes in at night. I am hopeful it will work the same with Oscar as they all get on so well.
Kayj is a great bonder as she just knows which rabbits will get on and which won't. She was right about Ty and Bru (I got Ty first and then we got Bru) and she was right about Sparkle and the boys.
My only problem so far is that greedy Sparkle eats all Oscar's food as he's not really bothered about eating anything other than hay.
Will try to get some pix tomorrow if I can thanks again Kay for everything :wave:

Hi Gayle:wave::wave:
Haven't been on her too much lately so may have missed any previous threads about this.
How lovely that you can up your numbers to 4!!! I still think it's lovely that Sparkle is an "indoor and outdoor" rabbit!
Tyson and Bruno are such good boys:love::love:
Hope it all continues to go well for you all...........

we need to see some pics of them all now!:):)

Just a thought. How about..........

Mum2- 4buns?

Oscar didn't even get a chance to go up for adoption as Gayle saw him and fell in love with him and he was then not going anywhere other than gayles. Poor guy had been through the mill a bit when he first came into rescue as at one point he stopped eating and we found a lump in his tummy, that was cleared up and then the poor guy started with runny eyes and then had a dental on Tuesday. He is now very happy that he has his new family and brothers and sister.
I was convinced they would all get on but did expect a few of the normal bonding things to happen but there was absolutely nothing (we just bonded them all up at Gayles by introducing him to Sparkle for 5 mins then went and got the boys and 'hey presto' a bonded foursome:D:D:D.

Thanks Gayle for giving three of my rescues the very best of homes:D.

Gayle txt me last night to say that Sparkle and Oscar are just completely ignoring each other but there is no aggression at all:D

still pretty much the same Kay. It's as if they can't see each other (although with Oscar's scanning that is possible on his part!!!).
Would love to see them grooming like Ty and Bru do with Sparkle (they groom her - so I guess Oscar is going to have to get the message) but at least no nastiness

still pretty much the same Kay. It's as if they can't see each other (although with Oscar's scanning that is possible on his part!!!).
Would love to see them grooming like Ty and Bru do with Sparkle (they groom her - so I guess Oscar is going to have to get the message) but at least no nastiness

Hope it all continues to go well xx

:wave:thanks Jessica - they are fine just a bit indifferent to each other. They have been sitting with each other (if only for 2 seconds) so I am hoping the "love" will come - hope your guys (and girl) ok

Back