• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can any one help?

Veronica

Mama Doe
Following on from this thread...
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=205606

I have decided to split Snowy and Baby. This is so I can reduce the stress between the two bunnies, and treat the snuffles (which is at a desperate stage).
Unfortunately, I am not in a position to house Baby and Snowy separately, so I'm calling out to anyone to see if they can help take Baby? I
If the two bunnies were separated, I feel the stress would be reduces, and the treatment for snuffles could really take effect.

If you can help with this situation, please contact me.

I've consulted my vet, and Ange, and we are all in agreement that this would be best for both the bunnies concerned.

bump

Can anyone help this situation by taking in Baby?
The bunnies need seperating, but I don't have the set up to be able to do so at the moment.

Many thanks

wouldn't a friend or relative take them? Are you giving Baby up for good or is it temporary?

You may get more response if its temp.

Would you be able to put one of the buns in boarding?

Nope, due to the health of the buns in question. They both have snuffles which needs treatment, but due to the stressful conditions both bunnies are living in, the medical treatment isn't taking relevant effect.

I want to get both treated, but they need to be separated.

aaah! right things are more clear now lol!

Right yes.. it does seem that she is not spayed :S

hmm this is an awkward one.

So are you looking to possibly rebond them if the sniffling goes?

Do you have any rescues that could possibly take Baby and isolate her untill she is better? or even better you could ask sopmeone to take them both and cage them seperately so they can see each other. It might stress them out if they are seperated totally. o_O

To be honest I'm still a bit confused about the background to this and what is being asked :oops: Are you looking for a permanent adoption of Baby, or a short/long term foster? Are you fostering her? Is it a straightforward adoption of a rabbit from a rescue? etc... It may just be me, but I suspect you might get more response if the overall situation is a bit clearer :? and if the bun is put in the RIN section?

I wish I was closer. :(

Is it definitely snuffles? It's just if there is any possibility it's contagious I wouldn't want to put Grim at risk with his bad heath.

To be honest I'm still a bit confused about the background to this and what is being asked :oops: Are you looking for a permanent adoption of Baby, or a short/long term foster? Are you fostering her? Is it a straightforward adoption of a rabbit from a rescue? etc... It may just be me, but I suspect you might get more response if the overall situation is a bit clearer :? and if the bun is put in the RIN section?

I have taken the bunnies in, as they were in a desperate situation needing to be rehomed urgently. I have the space to house two pairs (forever home here with me), however, after meeting the rabbits, finding out their history, and speaking with my vet, it seems due to the illness of two of them (Snowy and Baby that live together) suffering from snuffles, they need to be separated asap as the stress the pair is causing to each other is just making their illness worse.

I can keep two pairs, but not a pair and two singles (which would need 3 housings....I only have two). So I am opening out the situation here to see if anyone can help by taking one of the bunnies (Baby)?

Hope that helps...I do tend to waffles sometimes! :oops:

These rabbits need to be separated. I just don't have the facilities to house this pair separately. My immediate concern is to separate so they can treated separately and get better. I am happy to do this on a permanent or foster basis, which ever anyone can help me with.

Thinking too....if any one has a spare indoor cage that they don't want, this would greatly help this situation.

Thanks

We could help with Baby, but are so far away I don't think the long journey would be good for her health :? If you think she would be ok travelling and someone can get her to us we would happily take her. We can't do the journey ourselves as every weekend until Christmas is taken with bunnyruns or Stands :wave:

have you tried freecycle to see if you can get a cage? everything is free on there and you may be able to find someone who has a cage willing to give away that may be suitable.

Sorry i can't help anymore

xx

Back