• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mini rex free to good home or litter training advice needed please!!

weeble

Only joking about the free to good home bit. I am loving having Albert as a house bun and for the first few days he was really good and used his tray. The last day or so he has been weeing and pooing on the news paper in his crate and tonight on the living room carpet :shock: Shawn doesnt know about this but he might not be too impressed if/when it happens again any ideas please?

Glad you're only joking! :D

Is he neutered? It may be that he's trying to mark his new territory.

Yes he is and he only ever wee'd on the shelf or the tray when he was an outdoor bun. He was very much bottom of the pile though so maybe he is just establishing himself I hadnt thought of that

Hello. I was just going to post a similar question- my buns were castrated on wednesday and since then they have been pooing all over the place- some in the litter tray but others scattered everywhere. They had their post op check today and the vet said they are fine. I have been sweeping them up (the droppings) and putting them in the litter tray and hoping they get the right idea. Having the hay rack next to the litter tray is supposed to help too.
Good Luck:)

Our lovely little Squidgy started doing this - little terror!
Firstly we confined him to his base (puppy pen) for a few days, then moved his litter trays to where he was weeing most.
We cleaned the carpet so it no longer smelt of him, and had him on supervised ventures out of his pen. Whenever he looked like he was going to wee, we picked him up and popped him in his tray.
Fortunately, this has worked. We don't know why he started doing it, as previously he was a free range bun and we had no problems.
Now he's free range when we're around (most of the day) but goes into his pen when we're not there.

when we first got our buns (harvey and toffee) we didnt have a hutch therefore they were house bunnies for a little bit.
what we did was see where they were pooing and weeing and the moved the box to their corner that they had chosen..

Back