• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas for painting inside shed

dayle_x

Mama Doe
As with previous thread - wee has leaked down into the floor and dribbled down the walls from the shelf so i need to paint it.
I was going to use a primer and undercoat type thingy, then paint a dulux gloss over it.
Will this do the job?

Gloss can be quite fumey - I think you can get washable paint but I'm not sure if it is pet-friendly.
Kitchen and bathroom paint may be an option - some companies do some without the voc odour stuff that is the bad stuff for breathing it in.
Sorry - that is a bit vague but you probably know all this already.
:)

I need something that wipes clean, and gloss was suggested. House bunnies have access to it, so surely it won't harm them by painting the inside of the shed?
They are being bonded out of the shed at the mo which is why i want to get it painted and give it time to air out.

yes, I painted my hutch with a normal dulux gloss paint, and it doesn't have a SINGLE bit or chew mark on it, and its perfectly fine. Had no problems at all. They don't use the hutch though, they sleep on top of it :roll:

5480_254881585092_561930092_8343144_3512301_n.jpg

I would ONLY use normal paints on two conditions. Firstly, your 8 buns cannot be chewers, and most importantly the shed HAS to well ventilated.

I have metal corner protectors so they can't chew, and i was going to leave the double doors open for a weekish to ventilate. thanks x

coco1200, did you use a primer before using the gloss?

I didn't use a primer, I didn't know I was supposed to :oops::oops: I had to paint about 4/5 layers though before it starting showing up properly though, so I would reccomend it :wave:

ahh right will do so then :)
Off to b&q tomorrow to paint it.
also taking the shelf down in my shed as all it does is collect wee. Then got to get some new lino because i'm going to make it go up the sides of the shed a bit so the wee can't get under it.

Back