• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What kind of giant bun....

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
My cousin bought a giant for her 3 year old (yes I know) several months back. Fudge is 8 months old & a little bit feisty (she bites:lol:unspayed :roll: but cousin seems willing to listen). My cousin was told she was a french lop, but for one thing - she's not a lop.

I've been looking at pics on here, & can't work out what she is.

She's very long & lean looking - huge uppy ears, but none of the bulk that I've seen Contis or Britsh Giants have (I've never seen a conti in the flesh though). She's probably 6 inches longer than my frenchie Barley was - & she's the same colour as my Kendra - kind of orangey. Her fur is really fluffy as if she's young:? She has a dewlap, but it's all fur.

She's stunning, but I was nervous when she charged at me.:oops: She was living in a dog crate, but now has her own room. When I picked her up, she did this gnawing thing with her teeth, & her eyes were wide, so think she was afraid. :cry:

wheee, my gorgeous two :love::love:

Noisette feels like a baby all the time too, her fur is so pristine and soft! And I know both of mine are definatley not like any giant contis. Hermy my bridge conti was very bulky and built, but these two are super slim, and in my personal opinion, sometimes resemble belgian hares, becuase they are so dainty even though they are huge buns! (don't get me wrong, they eat the house out!)

she does sound like papillon, I would love to see some photos ;)

if i ever get lucky and get a giant i want one of these.. i could look at pics of your pair all day long Janak :love::love::love::love::love:

oh and a NZW too :love::love::love::love:

ahhh thanks so much Donna... just watch out for pictures tomorrow, I am going to take some of them wearing those Innocent Smoothies hats :lol::lol::lol:

Aww, I love giant paps and Rhinelanders.

Does anyone on here have a Rhinelander? :lol:

Aww, she was stunning :(
How old was she in the pics?

You can also get tri-english which look a lot like rhinelanders, although quite a bit smaller.

About 3 months. she was only 5 months ish when she got acute bloat and didn't even survive the phonecall to the emergancy vets by the time i'd found her :cry:

Back