• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soft carriers - Refund? Fix? Help please!

DemiS

Warren Veteran
I spent £30 on one of those soft carriers for Harley. I needed it for tommorow, but he's bitten a small hole in the net mesh and taken a chunk out of the seam. Will P@H refund it seen as he was wasn't even in their for a minute?

If not, how can I fix it or get him used to it? :lol: I've tried rewarding him for going in, ignoring him when he tries to chew it, and I've even filled it with shavings and hay to get him used to the smell. :roll:

I would make them refund it myself.

Sale of Goods Act 1979 it has to be "fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality". To me, a soft carrier for a rabbit, that he can chew through within a minute or two is not suitable for the purpose it is being sold for and is not of sufficient quality.

That's just me though, I am a grumpy old you know what :evil:

i think a plastic/hard carrier is better for rabbits, as they cant chew or if they do then it doesnt effect it the way it would effect a fabric carrier.

i would see if they will take it back, but i dont think they will... but its worth a try?
If they dont then you should go out and buy a new one, as if your bun has chewed it once.. im sure they will chew it again :)

Last edited:
I think its a waste of time taking it back and saying I want a refund because my rabbit damaged it, I doubt you will get it. If its mesh, theres the risk a rabbit will chew it.

Those soft carriers are marketed as for cats and dogs only, for obvious reasons I'd have thought :? Personally I'd put it down to experience and just buy a nice hard carrier that a chewing animal can't chew through!

Those soft carriers are marketed as for cats and dogs only

Ah, then that changes things slightly. They are fit for the purpose they are being sold for, they are just not fit for the purpose they have been used for.

I think I would still try taking it back though. What's the worst they can say?!

It say's for pets, although I'm sure I've seen it somewhere as suitable for rabbits.

I got it because it's a lot lighter to carry, darker inside and not as bulky. He's usually so good in his carrier, I though he'd be fine in this :roll:

I have a bit of strong card to cover one side for now.

Back