• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rosie :-( its distressing to see

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
:cry::cry:could she have Spondylosis of the spine, its when she falls to side from sitting down and then struggles to get up, before she was just thrashing herself around on floor and couldn't get up, i was nearyl crying :cry: as she started crying out until i got to her

i tried to stroke her back but she went mad :cry::cry::cry:

i don't want anything to happen to her now, ive lost mowgli :cry::cry::cry:

shw got metacam for her arthiritis back legs, she seems worse since mowgli has gone :cry:

No Rosie! Dont be poorly :cry::cry::cry: We love you too much!

Poor you Lisa, must have been horrible to see :(

My bun lost use of her back legs altogether all of a sudden one morning, I know how horrible it is to see them struggle.

Hopefully she will get better when the new boy arrives in a few weeks....

Does the cold get in her bones with nobun to snuggle? I know my mums arthritis is worse when it's cold. sending hugs and noserubs for my favey RU girl xx

Does the cold get in her bones with nobun to snuggle? I know my mums arthritis is worse when it's cold. sending hugs and noserubs for my favey RU girl xx

i think soo :cry: i keep giving her the snugglesafe, i stroked her down her back she feel alot thinner but her weight was the same as always been when checked at vets

I understand your distress.
Lily was having an x ray to look at her teeth...I asked the vet to include her chest to see if her chest is clear (snuffles bun) and her spine was in it too.I almost had kittens when I saw the state of her spine.
Perhaps an x ray would be the answer to see whats going on???
Dear Rosie....and you.Cant wait to wave goodbye to this year.Its been rather ****.xxxx

thanks yes ill ask vet for x-rays, hope the metacam kicks in soon
im going to bed now as my head hurts and my legs are weak again, but poor rosie must feel more scared when it happens, especially when she cries out :cry:

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry that this is happening to little Rosie - poor little sweetheart :cry::cry::cry:

I would try to encourage her to sit with the snugglesafe as much as you can, as it will help with the warmth of it.

I would definitely talk to your vet about the possibility of an xray, but bear in mind that they would more than likely have to give her a GA to do it. I don't know if they could make any other diagnosis without it. I know Jay of Ebony Eyes has arthritic buns, as does Liz (Hugo's there) - it might be worth searching for some of their threads on their arthritic buns to see they have any more experience that might help.

Or could you see if any one has used any natural or homeopathic remedies that might help her?

Sending Rosie lots of vibes & extra special snuggles, hugs to you too hun xxxx

Just want to say I am thinking of you and Sooty and Oreo have their paws crossed for Rosie - please get better little girl x

I'm sorry to hear about Rosie.

If your vet thinks it is arthritis then maybe Cartrophen injections would help? Chelsea my 11yr old bun has them once a week for 4 weeks every 6 months and they make a big difference. However she was not falling over-just "walking" instead of hopping before the meds.

If its spondylitis then it probably needs diffferent treatment?

My vet took xrays with her just sat there-no GA as she wasn't very mobile and didnt jump off at all. I don't know if that would work with Rosie. At least she has pain relief with the metacam.
I hope she feels better soon -sue:wave:

I don't have any advice but just thought I'd let you know we have our fingers and paws crossed.
x

I'm sorry to hear about Rosie.

If your vet thinks it is arthritis then maybe Cartrophen injections would help? Chelsea my 11yr old bun has them once a week for 4 weeks every 6 months and they make a big difference. However she was not falling over-just "walking" instead of hopping before the meds.

If its spondylitis then it probably needs diffferent treatment?

My vet took xrays with her just sat there-no GA as she wasn't very mobile and didnt jump off at all. I don't know if that would work with Rosie. At least she has pain relief with the metacam.
I hope she feels better soon -sue:wave:

thanks i had also been thinking of the injections as i saw them mentioned in an old thread, if they would help rosie i wouldn't mind paying for them, how much do they cost roughly, i want the best treatment for her as she is soo special too me :love: today i put the metacam on my finger and straight into her mouth just to make sure she was actually getting it, as sometimes she leaves bits of her breakfast and was worried she may not be touching the bits with it on

she is eating the special rabbit food from the vets which is one good thing

ive done her snugglesafe this morning and found her old miniture basket, it fits perfectly in that so put it in her house, she hasn't sat on it yet, shes sat outside her house near the drawers so im hoping the meteacam is kicking in

she has a review also at vets in few weeks time, and also in a few weeks we'll get our new boy, who will hopefully have her on her toes again and moving about, she needs to build her muscles up abit in her back legs, the vet told us, and im hoping she'll enjoy bunny snuggles again and another bunny grooming her

Personally I would give the metacam a little more time to start working she has only had it a few days and for it to help with a chronic condition like arthritis it needs a little time. Remember it will work as an anti inflammatory as well as pain relief.:)

With Timmy it took a week to 2 weeks to make a difference.

If she does have spondylosis of the spine that can quite often be picked up without an x-ray although an x-ray will confirm it. But at the end of the day the treatment is the same, so I wouldn't rush into x-rays.

Timmy often falls on his side now but it doesn't bother him in the slightest. Lola who had spondylosis also fell but again it didn't phase her. It is sometimes more upsetting for us to watch than for the buns to go through. Just try to stay calm when it happens and help them up :) I would keep Rosie in a smalle cage and make sure her free range time is supervised jsut incase she gets stuck.

I think Rosie just needs a bit of time to see how she improves before rushing into tests and new medication. I will have my fingers crossed for her :wave:

Last edited:
Personally I would give the metacam a little more time to start working she has only had it a few days and for it to help with a chronic condition like arthritis it needs a little time. Remember it will work as an anti inflammatory as well as pain relief.:)

With Timmy it took a week to 2 weeks to make a difference.

If she does have spondylosis of the spine that can quite often be picked up without an x-ray although an x-ray will confirm it. But at the end of the day the treatment is the same, so I wouldn't rush into x-rays.

Timmy often falls on his side now but it doesn't bother him in the slightest. Lola who had spondylosis also fell but again it didn't phase her. It is sometimes more upsetting for us to watch than for the buns to go through. Just try to stay calm when it happens and help them up :) I would keep Rosie in a smalle cage and make sure her free range time is supervised jsut incase she gets stuck.

I think Rosie just needs a bit of time to see how she improves before rushing into tests and new medication. I will have my fingers crossed for her :wave:

thankyou soo much for your advice, after gving her metacam on my finger striaght into her mouth today she already seems abt brighter, i think i got really scared when she thrashed out again last night scaring herself and crying for help :cry:, i thought please no not my little girl too, im not ready to lose her :cry:

the vet did say the same as what you said when she mentioned the x-rays and said she'd like to review rosie in a few weeks, so she would happily review her and check on my new bun when i got him together at same consultation, im hoping if he grooms her it will be like a massage for her :lol:

love lisa and rosie xxx

thankyou soo much for your advice, after gving her metacam on my finger striaght into her mouth today she already seems abt brighter, i think i got really scared when she thrashed out again last night scaring herself and crying for help :cry:, i thought please no not my little girl too, im not ready to lose her :cry:

the vet did say the same as what you said when she mentioned the x-rays and said she'd like to review rosie in a few weeks, so she would happily review her and check on my new bun when i got him together at same consultation, im hoping if he grooms her it will be like a massage for her :lol:

love lisa and rosie xxx

Glad she is brighter now. It is so upsetting to see but you need to remain calm for her as she will pick up your panic. Hopefully things will start to improve for you both soon. You do a great job with your bunnies Lisa and I am sure Rosie will cope well with your care and when the metacam start to take effect:love:

Back