• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poll Water bottle / Water bowl

What does your rabbit drink from?

• Water Bottle

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Water Bowl

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Other..please specify

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

delly

Warren Scout
Just wondering what does everyone use for thier rabbits? When i got my rabbit he was used to using a bowl that was clipped onto the side of his housing, i have had him for nearly 3 years now and will be eventually housing him outside in a shed with a friend sometime spring next year so using a bottle would be much easier. I have bought him a bottle and tried him with that one day but i didn't see him go near it. I don't want to leave him with just the bottle and for him to not drink and become dehydrated, i don't know if i am just worrying too much. Does anyone have any suggestions??

My 18 all use bowls.

Why would a bottle be easier for you?

Maybe put something really yummy in the bottle (like water laced with apple juice, or cranberry juice, or chamomile or mint tea) so that it is very interesting for him and hopefully he will teach himself.

thanks that threads very helpful (silly me never thought of searching for an older thread) oops! i really thought not that many people would use bowls! Just thinking it would save time with a water bottle and can monitor how much he is drinking easier, and no dirt in the water bottle! I shall give the the apple trick a go tomorrow :)

I use a water bowl for Ronnie and Lola in the shed :) They seem to prefer it. Lottie and George have a bottle though as theyre in a hutch :) xXx

bisc and matt have always used bottles...until matt had his op and i put water in a bowl as it was easier for him. after that, they both wanted the bowl and wouldn't drink from the bottles at all. so have had bowls ever since. seems easier for them :wave:

I use both, though Brian, Lenny and Max prefer to use the bottle and insist on tipping the bowl continuously, Jemimah and Lola are good girls and use their bowl. I stated other for this reason.:wave:

both rosie and mowgli had a bowl, none of them know how to use water bottle even though it was/is available 24/7

They have bottles for thier hutch, and when out they use a bowl.
I would use bowl 24/7 but I know they would sit in it or tip it over :lol:

Wolfie and Gloria use both. When they are loose in the compound, they like a bowl and Gloria in particular, will stand by it looking at the kitchen window in the morning for it to be filled. They have a water bottle in the hutch and during the summer have one in their sitting area too which they use.

Mine have a bowl...... and they like their water warm. Spoilt buns. :roll::lol::lol::lol:

thanks everyone, think when i get the shed set up i will stick with a bowl that i can attach to the wall :)

Back