• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today I have decided to do an impromptu bonding

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
As some people know, my new bunny Rosie has been living in the porch, and right now she has gotten so much better than she is ready to be bonded. My initial plan was to take a few days to date her with my single males and then bond her with whoeever she dated best with.

The other day I tried her with Baby, but he is still full of hormones and was tring to mount her, which is not wonderful for a recovering spinal injury.

Today I tentatively tried her with Badger. We had some chasing (Badger chasing her) and then also some grooming (Badger grooming her).

They are now pottering around the living room (a space they both know-I know, but I couldn't sit with them in the hall forever), and they are doing great. Wary of each other, but lots of positive sniffing, no aggression and lots of interest.

Unfortunately Badger is a bit bemused by this furry black thing that looks a bit like him because really he relates to being a two legged thing with short ears and only fur on the head. He sees bunnies, but has only ever interacted with people before (apart from one failed bonding two years ago).

It's exciting!

Thats brilliant progress with Rosie you should be really proud of yourself with all you have achieved with her and been through.

Keep us updated on how it goes and of course we need pics

Ha ha, you may get some pictures but I don't have a camera right now and mum's is not here. I'm been taking some videos though.

Rosie has come on amazingly, you'd just never know she has the problems she has and was so close to being PTS.

Battle of the wills happening here right now. She is VERY unimpressed he has trashed her puppy pads :lol:

Things are a bit stormy but Rosie has done a lot of grooming of Badger. Poor Rosie, she was grooming him, and stopped, and now he has chased her a few laps of the room.

I'm thinking I won't have them permanently together from today, but if they could be playmates, that would be awesome. Badger will love this because the Living room is the hub of our house and he loves people do much (especially my dad).

Hi
Haven't been on much recently so I must've missed the thread, or even the plot.
Last time I was on, you'd been fostering Rosie but after she'd returned to her owner, she was going to have her PTS on the advice of her vet.
Can I assume from this thread that Rosie is now your bun and has been saved from PTS?
I really, really hope so.:D

Can I assume from this thread that Rosie is now your bun and has been saved from PTS?
I really, really hope so.:D

Yes :D

The general message from the lady was that if I couldn't take her she would have her PTS. That day I contacted the RSPCA and formally adopted Rosie, then took her to see the vet. I decided that if she was that ill then I wanted her to die, as my rabbit, knowing that it was what was best for her.

When I took her to the vet he agreed that actually, she looked pretty good, so I took her home.

Now, two and a half weeks on, she is off antibiotics, she has gained to get to a healthy weight, she is shiny and sleeky fur. We have not had any of the pain related bouts that apparently happened at the other place. She has literally come on in leaps, bounds, binkies and bunny 500s. She is incredibly happy here and I would not count her as disabled anymore. We are starting to look at reducing her Metacam in the not to distant, to either get her off it completely, or to have her on the minimal amount possible.

I can not quite explain how proud of Rosie I am.

Whatever happened at the other house I don't know, but either they were seeing things that weren't there (which is what I suspect is the case, to be honest), or were doing something majorly wrong.

Right now though, Rosie is a very happy girlie, very lively, and has a lot of hope in her future. It WON'T be full of the pain, neglect, abandonment and suffering that it has been up until she became my bunny.

I am absolutely delighted that there has been a happy outcome for you and Rosie. :D:D
Keep posting on her progress, I would love to continue to hear about how much she is enjoying a life that she so nearly missed out on.
And, of course, photos when you can manage to get some.

:)

I'm just working on a website that will be up and running soon, and that will include a buny blog, so there will be updates in there about her. I'll put a link in my sig when it goes up.

I really struggled with having her at first, but now its clear she is bondable and she is improving so much things have become much easier.

:)

I'm just working on a website that will be up and running soon, and that will include a buny blog, so there will be updates in there about her. I'll put a link in my sig when it goes up.

I really struggled with having her at first, but now its clear she is bondable and she is improving so much things have become much easier.

Yaaayyyy so pleased for you and Rosie :love:

Back