• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Quick Question

cd02

Young Bun
Hiya. Sorry if this is in the wrong section but wasn't sure where to post it.

I've noticed our bunny has started to turn a yellowish colour on the bottom of her back legs. I know its nothing major and guessing its probably from the litter tray but is it we something we should monitor? maybe a sign that she's not cleaning herself fully or what?

Reading back it sounds like such a stupid question but I'd rather ask and look stupid then not check.

Thanks.

Hiya. Sorry if this is in the wrong section but wasn't sure where to post it.

I've noticed our bunny has started to turn a yellowish colour on the bottom of her back legs. I know its nothing major and guessing its probably from the litter tray but is it we something we should monitor? maybe a sign that she's not cleaning herself fully or what?

Reading back it sounds like such a stupid question but I'd rather ask and look stupid then not check.

Thanks.

Sounds like your bunny may be leaking urine.
There are several possible medical causes, including bladder stones, urinary tract infection, kidney problems, e cuniculi. She needs to see a vet to diagnose and treat the problem before it gets any worse.
I hope she is ok xx

Hi

Never be afraid to ask a stupid question on here! :lol:

You know your bun best and if this is a new thing they I would certainly whip her off to the vet quick sharp. Don't forget you pay your vet, so they are never going to be too upset at you making an unnecessary appointment (sorry to any vets out there!).

ETA: obviously I'm not suggesting you don't go to the vets if you are worried though.

It could maybe be moss or grass stains - as everything is much damper on the ground this time of year that could be the problem - Fluff and Miff certainly have grubbier greeny/yellow feet this time of year from running on the patio and in their enclosure.
:)

Thanks for the input so far.. I'll give the vet a call, hope its nothing bad, I was thinking its just because for some reason she seems to sit alot in the litter tray now :shock: And I really should stop calling him a she, could have something to do with the gf buying all pink things for him :oops:

What do you use in the litter tray out of interest? Have you changed anything in there?

Bikky loves a little nap in her own waste! It's just charming!

What do you use in the litter tray out of interest? Have you changed anything in there?

Bikky loves a little nap in her own waste! It's just charming!

in fact yes we have changed it in the last week or so.. we used to use our local pet shop woodbased cat litter but now using p@h woodbased cat litter..

Obviously I am unable to say if this is the same as what your bun has but Jims suffered with 'yellow leggies' when we used excel dried grass as his cage linning and hay, bless him nothing was soaking up his pee and he was flicking his leggies a lot which showered everything with pee :shock:

Back