• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny!

Rae033

Young Bun
Hi! Im new to the forum, terribly sorry if im posting in the wrong section! We currently have 2 flemish giant bucks and a little mini lop girl we rescued from someone selling her for snake food! We are now bringing in a new 6 month English Lop buck. I have a question about colors, I didnt think it belonged in the care section because its not anything about caring for him. Anyways, they said he was a "Broken blue fawn" I did plenty of research but I couldnt find any pictures or examples of what that even meant? Or if it was a real color? We dont show/breed, all of our bunnies are fixed so we dont care what he looks like! We were just curious what that even was? Or what he may look like. We recieved a very light cell phone picture and it was hard to see anything but the white and fawn? Please let me know!! Thanks so much! ;)

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to RU :wave:

I am absolutely no use to you, my rabbit is "ginger" and that is the extent of my colour knowledge!

Hope you stick around :)

Sorry, I'm rubbish with colours and can't help you there! It would probably help if you post some pics when you can.

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Now, I may well be just being an absolute muppet, but is your bun a bit blue and a bit beige? I'd have thought that it is blue (as in rabbit blue) and fawn (a kind of brown-beige) broken up, or butterflied (if that's the right word).

Hi! Im new to the forum, terribly sorry if im posting in the wrong section! We currently have 2 flemish giant bucks and a little mini lop girl we rescued from someone selling her for snake food! We are now bringing in a new 6 month English Lop buck. I have a question about colors, I didnt think it belonged in the care section because its not anything about caring for him. Anyways, they said he was a "Broken blue fawn" I did plenty of research but I couldnt find any pictures or examples of what that even meant? Or if it was a real color? We dont show/breed, all of our bunnies are fixed so we dont care what he looks like! We were just curious what that even was? Or what he may look like. We recieved a very light cell phone picture and it was hard to see anything but the white and fawn? Please let me know!! Thanks so much! ;)

I've never heard of blue fawn either, but once you get a picture I may be able to tell you :)

Could be an English (I'm just looking in a book), it says -

English rabbits are traditionally white with coloured spots around the body in either black, blue, tortoiseshell, grey or champagne, with their ears, backbone and distinctive butterfly pattern on the nose.

Pictures

I have a picture of him but I am not sure how to post it?? Im not sure why it is so difficult for me to figure out? It has to be a URL link? Ah, if you could help me out I would really appreciate it! Sorry

Picture!

Alright! Here is the picture they sent me of the little guy. His ears may have a tint of blue? Im not sure, obviously his back is very fawn colored. Im not familiar with broken colors so I wanted others opinions :)

IMG00268-20090711-20291-1.jpg

Fawn is another name for tort, and in the US you say 'broken' where we would say 'butterfly'.

A blue fawn would be like a blue tort over here (both of which are colours), and the broken part accounts for the white on him.

Does that make any sense?

He's beautiful....poor boy though, can't be comfy on the wire! He's one VERY lucky bun to end up with you!!:D:D

We're picking him up on Sunday, we are very excited! We have no names picked out yet though..any suggestions? He will definitely put on some more weight, now as for his ears I believe that they will grow a bit more. Im not sure with the English Lop, as for my flemish..their ears are still growing at 6 months!? So probably!

Yeah the poor guys cage barely fits him! With the wire floor on his poor feet, he doesnt know how good hes about to have it here! Our house is run by our rabbits, they have free roam and they definitely take advantage of it!

Here are some picture of the 2 Flemish Boys (a few months back) and our little Mini Lop! Im trying to figure out how to make one of those picture signatures, still figuring this forum out!

bunnz.jpg

:wave: Hi & welcome to RU - I'm sure you'll soon be addicted to it like the rest of us! :shock::lol:

Your bunnies are gorgeous btw :love: What about William for your new boy? :)

We're picking him up on Sunday, we are very excited! We have no names picked out yet though..any suggestions? He will definitely put on some more weight, now as for his ears I believe that they will grow a bit more. Im not sure with the English Lop, as for my flemish..their ears are still growing at 6 months!? So probably!

Yeah the poor guys cage barely fits him! With the wire floor on his poor feet, he doesnt know how good hes about to have it here! Our house is run by our rabbits, they have free roam and they definitely take advantage of it!

Here are some picture of the 2 Flemish Boys (a few months back) and our little Mini Lop! Im trying to figure out how to make one of those picture signatures, still figuring this forum out!

bunnz.jpg

They are all gorgeous ,i hope he settles in ok :D

Back