• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I attempt bonding 4???

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
So here's my thoughts.....

I have 2 pairs in a split aviary (Hunny & Mustard and Nicholas &Miffy). It was originally planned as a single run with a bonded 4, but the 2 boys fought and it ended badly (that was over a year ago).

Now, sadly one of the girls has passed away, and we have another lady bonded to a boy, and a single older lady in a separate hutch/run in the garden.

My problem has arisen since I moved the hutch in one end of the aviary, so that both pairs can see each other if they sit on top of the hutches. They have always had a board between them so they couldn't see each other, but now they can see each other, Hunny is constantly stuck up against the separating panel. She cuddles up to the other pair, grooms them through the mesh, they kiss each other through the bars, etc. BUT, her husbunny - Mustard, is all alone inside the hutch, or underneath when she is flirting with the other 2. He doesn't seem interested, and I am worried that their bond is going.

Should I try to bond all 4 again? Last time it was Mustard and Nick fighting that put a stop to it all, and I dont want to risk injuries again. Or do I bond Hunny with Nick & Miffy as a 3 if the bond between Mustard & Hunny is going? Then I could maybe try Sally with Mustard? But then, Sally is 7 and Mustard is 2, so he wouldn't have her for as long as he'd have Hunny, who is only 3.

I want them all to be happy, but I dont think they are right now.

Thanks in advance! :)

Back