• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding four

chloaster

Warren Veteran
Opposite sex pairings are the easiest we say!! I have four bunnies here, three girls and Oskie the grey and the three girls are just getting on with it whilst Oskie sits in the corner and sulks :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

DSC_0275-2.jpg

DSC_0277-1.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: He looks like he's been sent to the naughty corner.

Well at least while he's sulking he isn't causing trouble I guess. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: awwww well girls are smelly arent they Oskie?! :lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: He was very "keen" to meet them initially but they soon told him what they thought of that .... think that's possibly why he's sulking. It's now about 10 hours into the bond and not a lot has changed! Still QT is going to be joining them at the weekend so he'll have someone to chat football with! :D

Still QT is going to be joining them at the weekend so he'll have someone to chat football with! :D

Is this bond going to be a 5 then? Why did you start with 4 and not wait for all 5 before you started? [for future reference :oops:] When Ollie's ready lets hope my 4 look so good after 10 hours [somehow I think not :roll:]

Is this bond going to be a 5 then? Why did you start with 4 and not wait for all 5 before you started? [for future reference :oops:]

We have started bonding bunnies into groups while they are in rescue so they get used to being with other bunnies and have company whilst they are here and then when they go to their new homes no bun is left alone. The other added bonus is that we can utilise space better and at the moment my house is getting a bit full of bunnies so by bonding these four we have extra space. :D

what happens if someone wants to adopt one of a group? will the bun not miss the rest of the group? does it make bonding to yet another bunny easier? sorry for all the questions.
Lesley

what happens if someone wants to adopt one of a group? will the bun not miss the rest of the group? does it make bonding to yet another bunny easier? sorry for all the questions.
Lesley

I cant answer all your question but the pair I adopted from Fat Fluffs (Cassie and Oakley) were in a group, although slightly different situation. They were living with their 2 litters which Fat Fluffs also took on (one they arrived with and one born in the rescue centre as she was pregnant on arrival.

Being separated from their babies and not living in a group does not seem to have upset them. They have settled in really quickly and are happy, wonderful bunnies who enjoy the extra attention.:love: I have spoken to someone who adopted one of the male babies and he has settled in with his new wife well with a very proud new owner.

I'm sure Chloe will be able to answer the rest of your queries. Hope that this is of some help to you and answers some of your questions.

I am sure that poor Oskey will soon get over his strop when he has another male to have a chat and moan about all the females to:lol:

Back