• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby rabbit runny poo?

caralion

Young Bun
Hi a friend of mine has got a baby rabbit a week ago and has come home this eve and he has got really runny poo does anyone have any advice i can give her she's really worried. Any help please?

The Bunny needs to see a Vet tonight

Diarrhoea in Baby Rabbits is very serious and can be fatal

Please advise your friend to contact a Vet tonight

will do thanks - do you know what it could be?

There are numerous causes of diarrhoea in baby Rabbits, the important thing is to seek immediate Veterinary attention as dehydration occurs rapidly which can easily be fatal

I hope the baby Bun will recover well.

As Jane said, the baby needs a vet ASAP.

When i worked at the pet shop we had a baby bun with severe diarrhoea. It took 24/7 nursing (and i mean 24/7) to get her through it. The vet gave her fluids and meds and i was feeding round the clock, giving meds and tummy rubs. I really hope the wee bunny will be ok, good luck at the vet.

Vibes for this bunny. Sadly my baby Pepi (sleep well little man) died from this, he was 9 weeks old, but his was caused by a parasite in the guts, all the bunnies that were kept together at the pet store died of it too :cry:. He was in the vets under intensive care for 10days.

Please get this little one to the vets!:cry:

My bunny was ill with diarrhoea when he was a baby. He was admitted by the vet overnight and recovered. Hoping your bunny does the same with treatment.

spoke to my friend this morning seems little man is fine thank goodness he's so scrummy - his poops are normal and vet thinks it could have been something he ate - she's keeping an eye on him but all ok :wave:

Back