• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent!!! Ferret! U/D Post 25

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
One of our neighbours just found a ferret wondering the streets.

Anybody know ANYONE local-ish to me who would be able to take him?

Last edited:
I believe RSPCAs by law have to take them, so maybe call them? Your local branch? Or maybe just put him in something to keep him safe overnight and then take him tomorrow?

Apart from eating a bunny..(sorry) they could carry fleas and ticks if been out in the wild.
See the fert is fastened up well...give him a few cat biccys or a bit of cat food.

You can give these people a ring :http://www.wildlifeaid.org.uk/ . I know they rescue wildlife, but they may know somebody who can have the ferret.
I don't know if the ferrets can transmit disease to rabbits. However, they (ferrets) can catch colds and flu from humans.

I know a local ish rescue to me takes them BUT she keeps them in hutch blocks next to buns :( and i personally would not take animals there.

Here is a pic of a REW and Polecat next to each other
ferret.jpg

you can get silver mitts,sandys,albinos and polecats let alone the good old poley cross!! Wonderful animals that make fab pets!!

Shows how much i know!! i have only heard of albino(REW) and Poles!!

I adore these critters...kept them 20 yrs!! :love::love:
The bunnies i have were all rescues and are kept WELL away from them....prey and predator!! Not that Ive ever worked them....I show mine and have won lots of rosettes etc!!
Useless at techy stuff but I must put pics on here of my lot!!:roll:

Back