• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Temp hutch winter proofing?

Patchrabbit

Warren Scout
We have discovered that our shed is leaking. There are also gaps where the wood has rotted away, meaning the shed is not as warm for the bun as we thought it would be. I'm also worried about the damp in there too. We phoned the landlord and he's agreed to replace the whole shed.

Unfortunately this means, we will have to move Patch out of the shed temporarily till it's up and obviously it's not the best time of the year to be doing it.:?

I can't move her inside as the landlord will take a dim view of this and I wouldn't be able to move her back outside either afterwards. What can I do to insulate her hutch so she's warm enough now it's getting colder? Hubby doesn't really want me to get a snugglesafe as we can't afford one (unless someone has one they don't want?) I have extra towels and will be getting a tarpaulin to cover over her run while she's out, but I'm not sure that that will be enough. Advice please!

Well the most important thing is to make sure there are no draughts or spaces where the water can get in. Once this is sorted just provide tonnes of hay in the sleeping area. A small snuggly place with lots of hay is the best you can do

Ok, thanks for the advice. I'll try and get a large tarp that covers the sides, top and front and that should keep out the draughts. I've got some old towels that she can use too.

Back