• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can i have vibes for Lionel again UD 05/12

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
He is really not good at all :( His breathing has been bad since the weekend and he really struggles after food, yesterday he made some strange noises almost like choking/throat clearing but he wasn't choking :? (i don't how to explain it really).
He has lost weight again as well and is not eating much hay.
HE is however bright in himself runs up to me as soon as i get up in the morn, jumps around for treats and does the happy breakfast and dinner 'dance' when food is coming, its after he gets excited that he really struggles :cry: :cry:
I have a vet app tonight at 6.30pm but my vet is not wokring today and i am really worried what the other vet might say, persoanlly i think he needs a dental but GA is a huge risk with breathing probs, i am so worried they might suggest PTS :cry: :cry:
Please can we have any spare vibes, he is only 2.5 years old :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
oh hun, this breaks my heart not knowing why is a nightmare and then after he seemed to get better too :cry::cry::cry:

sending lots of love and vibes to the little brave man and i hope the vets get him better xxxxxxx

Poor little Lionel - and you.

Lots of vibes coming his way......I hope the vet appointment goes well and that they can help him. X

I took this little video of him earlier as i was feeding him a few extra pellets, he is actually not too bad in this vid. What are everyones opinions please? DO you think he is suffering? :cry:

I dont think he 'feels' ill, he certainly looks a very happy Bunny :love: But to me his increased respiratory rate and effort look more cardiac that Respiratory Tract to me :?

Infact ignore my suggestion in my recent PM. Having seen that vid my unqualified thoughts are along the lines of a Heart condition.
I do hope that the consultation this evening will be of help to the little man.

I dont think he 'feels' ill, he certainly looks a very happy Bunny :love: But to me his increased respiratory rate and effort look more cardiac that Respiratory Tract to me :?

Infact ignore my suggestion in my recent PM. Having seen that vid my unqualified thoughts are along the lines of a Heart condition.
I do hope that the consultation this evening will be of help to the little man.

Thank you Jane, i was thinking heart condition as well :(

I am so sorry to here Lionel is poorly again :( Watching the video he actually seems happy in himself, I certainly wouldn't say he is suffering at this point :)

Sending him loads of vibes he reminds me so much of Anthony :love:

Meant to say the dust free hay has arrived and i just gave them a massive pile and he jumped straight in and started nomming so i guess he has just gone off the farm hay! :roll:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: pearl constantly breaths like that but head up in the air stomach really pulling in, but she doesnt do the mouth thing even at her worst the mouth didnt chew :?

i really hope you find out what it is and im preying its not his little heart :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Well unfortunately there was nothing that could be done at the vets as we have tried everything already :(

I saw the new lady who listened to his heart and lungs which both sound fine, she said it is very strange as theoretically he should have responded to one of the treatments he has had so far.

I asked for a referral and she is going to speak to C tomorrow, i mentioned that Jill has US equipment and i would like to be sent there. She said it is possible he has some kind of heart condition that might be picked up with more equipment.

In the meantime she asked me to restrict his living space so he doesn't get so out of breath, they are not happy with me, i just halved the size of their playpen!

Lionel was also very naughty on the way there and nearly gave me a heart attack, i thought he had died and ran into the vets in histerics put the carrier down and he got up and hoped out, he likes to keep me on my toes :roll:

I will wait to hear from C tomorrow....

I am sorry they couldn't come up with anything new, hope Christabel has some more positive options tomorrow :)

Timmy has done that carry box thing too :roll: Bless 'em :roll::lol:

Back