• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why is this rabbit doing this..!?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Its my houseguest...my mums housebun.....

the cats are always up on my windowsill in my room and shed been watching them. Shes climbing and jumping like a mountain goat and once sat on the sill with the cats.
NOW..now shes up there every chance she can get..i go retrieve her withn seconds shes run and got up there and is laughing at me!

shes even gone to sleep on it..ive been awake for hours and hours and only got to bed an hiur before that! gods if i have a fit........

i am deffo tkaing her back to my mums thursday...shes a lovley bunny but im terrifed shell hurt herself..i cant even leave my room unless shes in a deep sleep!

my first bun also a dwarf lop was just like her..shed bomb around the house climb on everything..take sneaky naps on your beds....sit and sunbathe on the windowsill with the cats..watch people outside..with the cats and wait for my dad to drive up..with the cats...and run to the door to gret him.

ok so that was my bunny. This bunny has stayed with me several times before..once for 3 weeks wwhilst mum recovered from cataract surgery. but then she had the cage here and run arounds...
now shes in half my bedroom loose..cant pen her off anymore than i have....and merlins got the cage back as he cant be trusted overnite or unsupervised as hes a furry termite!

what on earth has suddenly possessed hunnybunny to behave like this..oh and yes the cats dont mind her being up there..theyre confused a bit but then relax and sit with her. as i type i can see ehr sitting on the sill thru my curtains as it gets light outside.:shock:

i cant move anyhting else..shes learnt to fly i tell you!

i hope she wont miss this too much when i take her back home on thursday or my mum will have to buy a set of plastic boxes to put under her lounge window for her to get on her sill!!!

mad mad bunny....and shes got snotty with me for keep lifting her down..she runs straight back up and peeks aorund the curtains going..nah nah ne nah nah:lol::oops:

:lol:Honeybunny sounds like such a character!

My bunnies love the window sill as well, they will sit up there for hours. Unfortunately, they also ate the wood around the windows:censored:
I am not looking forward to explaining that one to the landlords:oops:

I think we may need a picture, to see if she looks as mischievous as she sounds:love:

ha ha..yeah i have a really bad one on my phone but i willupload.

i have had to pile up my big plastic boxes so she cant get up there...shes not happy!!:lol:

i have had to sleep most of the afternoon...:oops:

I'm so sorry your "guest" is giving you a rough time.

I think that the answer to your question may be that bunnies copy - each other, & other animals including us. If the result is nice they keep on repeating it.

Rather like children, my bun copies things I prefer he didn't . Like he learned about wall paper stripping in about a minute when he saw me decorating, warms his bum bum against the fire, undoes peoples shoe laces after watching me take off my walking boots etc. He is defo a bunny!

i think there's a status thing with heights, too. the higher you are, the more important you are. matthew and tabby love it when i lie on the floor and they sit on top of their cage.

Both Blue and Bea love sitting in the window and watching the world go by, and so did Ollie.
They both have old sofa biscuits on top of their hutch/crate (which are both under windows)
She'll be fine sat up there....I really wouldn't worry :wave:
She does sound lovely though...pics!!!:wave:

Back