• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wet rabbit toilet.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Oddeye and Treacle always seem to have a much wetter toilet than everybody else. Treacle is 6, so when she was in for a dental last week I asked for a blood test, all came back normal.
Do you think I am worrying about nothing, or should I get Oddeye tested, he is 3.5.

I'm starting to wonder if it would be worth while blood testing the rabbits yearly over a certain age, I do the cats annually when they go over 10.

Is this a stupid idea and not worth the stress to the rabbit, and if it is a good idea, at what age would you start taking the samples.

Do you mean that one of them appears to be weeing alot ?

I am not sure that I would routinely blood test a Rabbit :?

Do you mean that one of them appears to be weeing alot ?

I am not sure that I would routinely blood test a Rabbit :?

Yes, one of them seems to be weeing more, but they are both bright and happy. Their urine is not gritty or red in colour, but there just seems to be more than any other of the pairs.

Why would you not test a rabbit yearly, would it then be sensible to blood test if they are ever in for an op, its not something I do at the moment.

I have had so many rabbits with this problem and always have them blood tested and they always come back normal.

I would suggest panacuring them to see if that makes a difference.

Fern had this problem and it turned out her spine was arthritic and causing nerve damage, just something to consider in an older bun if blood tests are clear.

I wouldn't say we routinely blood test but most bunnies coming in because they have problems normally end up having one, as do any that start to show new symptoms. Besides x-rays this is the only way to make a diagnosis really, and we normally start with bloods as they are less stressful for the buns :)

ETA we do normally opt for presurgery blood tests in older bunnies

I have had so many rabbits with this problem and always have them blood tested and they always come back normal.

I would suggest panacuring them to see if that makes a difference.

Fern had this problem and it turned out her spine was arthritic and causing nerve damage, just something to consider in an older bun if blood tests are clear.

I wouldn't say we routinely blood test but most bunnies coming in because they have problems normally end up having one, as do any that start to show new symptoms. Besides x-rays this is the only way to make a diagnosis really, and we normally start with bloods as they are less stressful for the buns :)

ETA we do normally opt for presurgery blood tests in older bunnies

Thanks for that, I was looking an Treacle and wondering if she was becoming a bit athritic the other day, so it is interesting to hear it may make them wetter as well.

Back