• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Girl piggie or boy piggie?

Emm-Jane76

Mama Doe
Any advice regarding guinea piggies?

I got Nigel the guinea pig the other week. Is it best to get a boy pal or a girl pal for him?

you could get him a boy pal (depending on his age) or have him neutered and then pair him up with a little girlie piggie. Quite often it is recommended that an older boar and a baby boar get on better, as there is often a problem with dominance. Whatever you decide it would be best to ask your local rescue to give you advice. glad you;re thinking of getting nigel a pal though, they are very sociable animals.
Good luck
xx

If hes an older male, most rescues wont rehome a female to you unless you either a) keep them seperate b) neuter your male, and will generally recommend you pair up an older boar to a baby boar.
Charlie wasnt even one and the rescue i went to was not willing to pair me up with an older male/female unless i got charlie's plums off :lol:
The lady who I got James from,put them togeather and said it was the easiest introduction shes ever done! :lol: my 2 boys are now inseprable

Back