• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone on here good at PAINTING RABBITS?

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
As the title says, am interested in getting a few paintings done in the new year but am fussy so need someone who can actually paint buns and not just copy (perhaps a jack russell dog too??)

What sort of size can you do and how much do you charge?

If you have any pics already, can you show us one....

Here are some of the buns I want to be painted (and my mutt!!)

I would want one of my three girls together, one of my dog, and then one of my mums rabbit on his own. (plus a Rimmi and Winter one when I have some photos etc...)

(Im not having Rimmi done untill he is bonded with his wifebun.... which should be a few weeks from now!!)

My three girls together:
PHTO0153-1.jpg

PHTO0334.jpg

Individually:

Tabby
100_0724.jpg

n517905660_432551_898.jpg

DSCF0058a.jpg

Tipsy
PHTO0339.jpg

DSCF0100.jpg

Tessy
PHTO0336.jpg

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

My doggy:
100_0164.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0566.jpg

DSCF1623.jpg

My mums boy Harry:
100_0151.jpg

100_0152.jpg

100_0153.jpg

DSCF0078.jpg

DSCF0083.jpg

As the title says, am interested in getting a few paintings done in the new year but am fussy so need someone who can actually paint buns and not just copy (perhaps a jack russell dog too??)

What sort of size can you do and how much do you charge?

If you have any pics already, can you show us one....

most portrait artist will simply copy the referance photo/s you provide in order to get an achieve an accurate likness of the animal. the moment you start having to 'make things up' you start to risk losing that likness.
if you own the animal its not so much of a problem after all no one knows your pets better than you do but when you've never even met the animal in question and all you have to go on its a couple of photos...sticking to what you know ie. following the refferance to the letter as it were is the safest way forward.

prices will vary depending on the size of the portrait, the materials and usualy how many animals/people in the portrait.
personaly, my prices start at £25 for a A5 single portrait in graphite or oil pastel.

these are a few of the ones that i have done. the link in my sing will take you to my gallery if you wanted to see more examples.
Though i wont pretend that my portrait work is anything more than copied.

this is my latest (which i believe has already been posted elsewhere on the forum) Fudge and Ellie (oil pastel)

thisone.jpg

one from earlier this year.
Fizz (soft pastel)

Fizz.jpg

Gosh they are beautiful.

I like your first one with the two in....

Would you be able to do one like that with my three girls in? I have pics of them together to give an idea of size but dont like any of them to be copied.... would you be able to put three of their individual photos on one piece of paper like your first pic?

Gosh they are beautiful.

I like your first one with the two in....

Would you be able to do one like that with my three girls in? I have pics of them together to give an idea of size but dont like any of them to be copied.... would you be able to put three of their individual photos on one piece of paper like your first pic?

the portrait of fudge and ellie was done with two seperate photos, as long as i have a good referance with all of them together so i can see thair sizes in relation to each other this isn't a problem.

Wow they are lovely, I was wondering who did tina's piccys as I would love one of Timmy.
I just need to decide whether to have it with cape on or cape off :lol:

Did you not like the drawing my friend did? I sent you a message as im waiting for an address to send it to. Do you still want him to do the dog?

He's changed the foot, as said when you start making things up, it becomes hard.

Shall I tell him not to bother with the dog drawing?

Last edited:
Back