• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Bunnies are in the shed at last! Pics added *VERY Pic Heavy*

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
Bless my husband, he has spent all his free time this weekend empyting the big shed into the small shed then putting lino on the floor of the big shed, cutting a flap on the big shed, attaching the run, putting bolts on etc and moving the rabbits hutch.

All so that our bunnies can be safe and dry inside the shed instead of just in their hutch. I am so happy and will sleep soundly tonight. (ETA: and so will he!!!)

I am just working on him to get a light sorted, but bless him he has done a fab job outside in the drizzle and wind. They will also get some sunshine on their run now too. Lucky Twinkle and Star.

Just one question: do we need to have a vent on the shed?

(I know its not exactly air-tight but worried about them having enough fresh air overnight. They wont be in the shed in the warmer months - we will move the hutch back outside for them.)

I'll post pics tomorrow if I can.

Last edited:
Ah, thats great, we built ours a couple of weeks ago and went out 'again' today to try to do the run, just got into it and the heavens opened again. Cant wait to see the pics

Here are the pictures of Twinkle and Star in their new home for the winter! We've already had some lovely binkies in the run as they are obviously excited about being somewhere a bit warmer and drier. Or just somewhere new! (sorry for the large pics). Please excuse the muddy paw prints as well (mostly my husband!!!). They do have toys in their run, these pics were just taken when they had first been let out.

Newrabbitset-up005-1.jpg

Newrabbitset-up006.jpg

There is a wooden slat along the bottom of the shed in the run so that the rabbits cant sneak under where the bricks are, and no mice/rats/foxes can get under either.

Newrabbitset-up009-1.jpg

Newrabbitset-up010-1.jpg

Newrabbitset-up011-1.jpg

Newrabbitset-up013-1.jpg

Newrabbitset-up012.jpg

Newrabbitset-up014.jpg

Newrabbitset-up016.jpg

Newrabbitset-up020.jpg

Newrabbitset-up022.jpg

And then the heavens opened so we had to close it all up and cover the run for them. I got drenched!!! :lol:

Newrabbitset-up025.jpg

We have a smaller run which can be attached to the end of this permanent run, so that they can be on the grass as well.

Forgot to mention that they have one large window but it is next to a fence, so when the door is closed it isnt very light for them :( but we are planning to add a skylight on the other side and a vent as well! :)

Wow thats great, its given me some idea's ready for when i move ;) someone got down very low to take a picture of the hole to go in and out looks like a tv moment :lol:

Hee hee, yes I wanted to show it off at every possible angle!! Plus some of those pics are just gratuitous "look at my bunnies" shots!! :lol::D

Fantastic !! :D

I love the shot you have taken through the Bunny flap. It looks as though they have locked you in the shed !! :lol:

Fantastic set-up! :D

I liked the 'looking out into the run' shot too, lol. You have two very beautiful bunnies!! :love:

Thank you everyone for your very kind comments! :wave::wave:

I will show my husband all your comments on his handywork and I will let the girls know that RU loves them!!! :love:

They were very confused when the flap to the run got shut for the night but I think they will get used to it! The nice thing is they are still running round the shed until we go to bed tonight, then we will have them safely in their hutch overnight!! :)

Back