• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you use in your litter tray?

cally73

Young Bun
Hi I have 2 indoor buns and so far have just been using sawdust in their litter tray. I thought about using cat litter. Do you use it and can you reccomend one? Thanks:wave:

I buy cat wood pelllet litter from Pets At Home and use it with all 18 of my buns and have done for well over two years with no problems in that time. I use the P at H brand, and on it it says safe for rabbits. It needs to be non clumping and non scented if you do use wood pellet litter.

Woodshavings are popular but actually really dangerous for small animals.

You can use any paper based cat litter, tesco's apparently do a good one :)

I did use P&H own brand wood pellets, but at the start of Nov I swapped to megazorb and I've been converted! It's AMAZING! :love:

I use carefresh which is great- doesn't smell at all and is not dusty. However, I'm thinking of swapping to megazorb as it's cheaper and people rave about it on here!

My buns refuse to use the litter tray if it has cat/rabbit litter in it, cheeky monkeys! They're very good with Care Fresh though - is it just me or does that really smell REVOLTING when it's wet?

I use chook pellets

absorb smells environmentally fine and best if they eat it doesnt hurt rhem

venice

If you use Megazorb in a litter tray as well as in their bed, will they go to the toilet in their bed? Or do you not use it in both places?

I buy cat wood pelllet litter from Pets At Home and use it with all 18 of my buns and have done for well over two years with no problems in that time. I use the P at H brand, and on it it says safe for rabbits. It needs to be non clumping and non scented if you do use wood pellet litter.

i use the same, no probs either and also used it for about 2 years :wave:

I use megazorb in litter tray, have hay suspended around and some in litter tray and have old towels on base of cage, luckily my buns don't chew the towels though, otherwise I would have to think of something else!

Back