• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it difficult to introduce a new bunny?

vickyplum

Warren Scout
Hiya,

Just hoping to get some advice, now that my doe ruby has been spayed i would like to get her a companion and i think i may have found the perfect little buck who is in a shelter after he was found abandoned with his sisters and brothers. The little buck is only 10 weeks old and is the absolute image of my ruby :D

Im just concerned about how ruby will take to him. What is the best way to introduce a bunny to another? Also, is it important i get the buck neutered? I really want Ruby to have a buddy but if it all goes wrong it will be awful.

Also, ruby is a house rabbit and therefore the new bun will be as well.

Any advice would be appreciated,

thanks, vicky:wave:

The buck has to be neutered. Make sure you wait for 6-8 weeks after neutering to start the bonding; otherwise he will still be hormonal and hump your doe, which will not be pleasant for her and won't help with the introduction.

Back